Upcoming Soul Asylum Concerts

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
spinnin in ny
Runaway

Upcoming Soul Asylum Concerts

Post by spinnin in ny »

Obviously, Mohegan Sun CT on 9/27
New Orleans show is 10/17 at Tipitina's
I don't think this one has been posted yet: The Great Mississippi River Balloon Race on 10/18 in Natchez, MS.

rthrbtrvln
Inmate

Re: Upcoming Soul Asylum Concerts

Post by rthrbtrvln »

spinnin in ny wrote:Obviously, Mohegan Sun CT on 9/27
New Orleans show is 10/17 at Tipitina's
I don't think this one has been posted yet: The Great Mississippi River Balloon Race on 10/18 in Natchez, MS.
how did you hear about the Natchez show? I planned a long w/e in NOLA figuring they would be in town and maybe play elsewhere and now it seems they're heading to Mississippi. I guess it's not my lucky day.

spinnin in ny
Runaway

Post by spinnin in ny »

Why don't you just drive to Natchez. I looked it up, and it's only about 2hrs 30min away from New Orleans. It might be worth it. Regardless, I think w/the upcoming album, there will be a lot of supporting tour dates.

rthrbtrvln
Inmate

Post by rthrbtrvln »

spinnin in ny wrote:Why don't you just drive to Natchez. I looked it up, and it's only about 2hrs 30min away from New Orleans. It might be worth it. Regardless, I think w/the upcoming album, there will be a lot of supporting tour dates.
I also thought about doing that. since I'm traveling all the way from NJ what's another few hours? I'm seeing them in Connecticut this month and saw them in Pennsylvania 2 weeks ago. I'm getting very spoiled. I hope they tour the hell out of the forthcoming album!

spinnin in ny
Runaway

Post by spinnin in ny »

I would make the drive. I was at the PA show too. It was fantastic. I really wanted to make the CT show at the end of the month, but I have plans. I think the band is really happy to be playing full sets after Summerland. I forgot the article or interview, but I know the new album is coming out early next year, and they're going to tour it. I would assume the latter part of this year is just going to be one-offs.

rthrbtrvln
Inmate

Post by rthrbtrvln »

spinnin in ny wrote:I would make the drive. I was at the PA show too. It was fantastic. I really wanted to make the CT show at the end of the month, but I have plans. I think the band is really happy to be playing full sets after Summerland. I forgot the article or interview, but I know the new album is coming out early next year, and they're going to tour it. I would assume the latter part of this year is just going to be one-offs.
I looked into Natchez lodgings and it's probably not gonna happen. because the ballon festival is their big annual event prices are jacked up. the other option is a roach motel (thanks, but no thanks. not even for Soul Asylum). I'm tempted but hesitant to give Airbnb a go. I don't see this yankee girl driving back 3 hours thru bayou country alone in the wee hours. i might just stay in NOLA and enjoy the Blues and BBQ fest happening that weekend. still weighing options...

spinnin in ny
Runaway

Post by spinnin in ny »

If that's the case, I would definitely skip. Plus you're going to the CT show and there will definitely be more shows to support the album.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

not that Pollstar is the bible or anything, but they've been listing that Natchez show for at least a month now

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.a ... l%20asylum
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.