2015 Oct. 17th - Harvest Festival, Pound Ridge, NY

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
nikkip
Social Butterfly

2015 Oct. 17th - Harvest Festival, Pound Ridge, NY

Post by nikkip »

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: Pound Ridge, NY 10/17/15

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Damn, that is about as local as a gig can get for me. But I am unable to go due to work.

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

I put it on my Calendar; it is about an hour from me. Not sure if I'll make it...

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Looking further into the site about the Pound Ridge show, you can see that there is a also a VIP pass for the show. It includes:

Preferred viewing from the VIP section directly in front of the stage
3 free drink tickets
Soul Asylum autographed posters
VIP-only wait staff beverage service
2015 VIP Swag Bag filled with commemorative goodies
Soul Asylum Backstage Meet & Greet after the concert

http://poundridgeharvestfestival.com/go-vip/
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

It was way to cold for an outdoor show.

They played a relatively standard setlist for recent years; minus a few songs because they only ad 60 minutes.

The sound was meh; and the guitars sounded really grungy and the vocals way too low in the mix. The end result was the band sounded sloppy.

Dave dropped two picks during the opening song and was strumming w/ just his hand.

During Watcha Need Dave referred to Stamford--a town in CT just over the border--Instead of Pound Ridge.

I haven't listened to my recording yet; but hopefully it doesn't suck.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Set list:

Somebody to Shove
Shut Down
Just Like Anyone
Misery/Silly Love Songs
Whatcha Need: People need pumpkin carving and corn eating contests.
Black Gold
Without a Trace (for Karl)
The Game
Can't Help It
Supersonic
No Time for Waiting
Runaway Train
April Fool

I enjoyed the SA viewing part of my day. I found getting to the show to be quite painful. :x There was a school parking lot for festival parking, but by the time I got there, it was full and the people directing traffic were not very helpful or friendly with offering suggestions for parking elsewhere. The signage wasn't too great in my opinion. It felt like people were not expecting out-of-towners.

There was a VIP section in front of the stage. I didn't pay for that, but for the families who did, it looked like they were having a fun time. It seemed like Dave was amused by the kids jumping up and down to the songs. It WAS chilly though. Once the show was over, I was glad to get back to my car and turn the heat on!

Dawn and Sara, it was nice to meet you (assuming you both post here).

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

Yes, traffic sucked; and after ~20+ minutes to get the last mile; the police man person directed us past the school parking only to have us discover that was the parking lot and we there were no more signs or help.

We parked past the school on a side/dirt road.

CrashingDown
Stranger

Post by CrashingDown »

Dawn and Sara, it was nice to meet you (assuming you both post here).

I come here all the time, but am too shy to post. This is Sara, and this is actually my first post. :P It was nice meeting you, too. I froze so badly at that show, but it was a great time. :)
Ridin' on an all-night train through the crystal cave, when the moonlight shines a path for a brighter day.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

Wow that was OUTdoors? On Saturday!? It was COLd. I didn't even let myself look up how far this is from me (ct) because I had a wedding to go to. I froze during some outdoor parts of that! That stinks about the parking.
But mysticspiral glad you got people to post on here :). Welcome Sara!

CrashingDown
Stranger

Post by CrashingDown »

zany wrote:Wow that was OUTdoors? On Saturday!? It was COLd. I didn't even let myself look up how far this is from me (ct) because I had a wedding to go to. I froze during some outdoor parts of that! That stinks about the parking.
But mysticspiral glad you got people to post on here :). Welcome Sara!
Thank you! :)

the pound ridge show was FREEZING. I couldn't feel my toes by the end of it. The guys were up on stage in full winter attire, lol.
Ridin' on an all-night train through the crystal cave, when the moonlight shines a path for a brighter day.