southerners

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
sheryl
Social Butterfly

southerners

Post by sheryl »

think if we all got together we could collectively bug the snot outta them till they play a couple shows we can all get to? :wink:

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Re: southerners

Post by pathorses »

sheryl wrote:think if we all got together we could collectively bug the snot outta them till they play a couple shows we can all get to? :wink:
Sheryl,

I know you live in the South now, but are you sure you weren't born here?..."bug the snot outta them" is SO something I would say (and have, many times!) Not particularly proud that I say it, but I do.

Let's do it, let's bug the snot outta them until they play the South!!!

Pat

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

What about Dallas, Sheryl? It is the South, just not the deep South.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

no1rockfan wrote:What about Dallas, Sheryl? It is the South, just not the deep South.
it's something like a ten hour drive. that would have worked fine before i brought my car here, but it's been hit while parked a few too many times and it's not terribly driveable. at this point i wouldnt be serene about driving to baton rouge, let alone texas.

which of course is not the bands problem, but what exactly is wrong with baton rouge anyway? or new orleans for that matter?

there's a chazfest in the works for this year, if the permits work out the way they should,and i'm crossing my fingers for, if not soul asylum in full, then dave solo. either one may or may not happen. :)

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Sheryl;

This goes back to the "promoting" themselves from a different topic or thread as I have heard they are sometimes called.

And; If I am correct, it will probably really pis* you off but I think they played the Chazfest last year. If they did; sorry you missed it. Can anyone confirm or deny that they played the Chazfest last year?

If they did play it; someone call 911 to save our friend Sheryl from New Orleans. :D
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Sometime to Return wrote:Sheryl;
I think they played the Chazfest last year. If they did; sorry you missed it. Can anyone confirm or deny that they played the Chazfest last year?
Yes, they played and Sheryl was there. She just wants to see them again! 8)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

haha 911!!

I love New Orleans, I don't want to be saved! I just want to see Soul Asylum!

I was at Chazfest last year, and it was a wonderful(completely unpromoted by the way) time. It was also the last time I saw them play. I've been reading about all of the shows all year and being all irritated that I couldn't get to any of them.

I come here to complain about it because I get no sympathy from my friends up north who come back with "Well, you're the one who moved waaaaaaaaay down south where they don't ever play."

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

This may not help because we're also 10 hrs. away, but Soul Asylum is playing Atlanta on July 9th at Chastain Park Amptheatre according to Pollstar.

g8trcarol
Caged Rat

Post by g8trcarol »

I guess this leads into...who do we contact in order to beg for shows? If I knew who to pester effectively, I would make a few phone calls or send a few e-mails to see if they were interested in playing a few dates in conjunction with the ones they've already booked. For instance, we have SunFest every year in West Palm Beach, and they always have musical acts booked.

Peace,
Carol

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

g8trcarol wrote:I guess this leads into...who do we contact in order to beg for shows? If I knew who to pester effectively, I would make a few phone calls or send a few e-mails to see if they were interested in playing a few dates in conjunction with the ones they've already booked. For instance, we have SunFest every year in West Palm Beach, and they always have musical acts booked.

Peace,
Carol
One method that may or may not work is to get to know the promoter in your town for many of the shows for bands playing in venues similar to where SA might play. I know at least in Madison their is one guy who books most of the shows I see, and he's pretty nice. I don't really know him too well, but I'm sure if I bothered to, I could bug him about bring a band into town. I've talked to others in other cities, and discussed the business some with them. A lot seems to depend on what bands they like, although with SA it's a bit harder, as they don't seem to be doing tours like they used to.

Phil