2015-04-17 - Rochester, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

2015-04-17 - Rochester, MN

Post by EasyStreet »

Well I made the trip to this show, the first "club" show SA has ever played in this city, 'twas a good show! Rather short set I though, about 55 minutes in the were wrapping up the set, then came back for the encores.

Set list almost identical to previous shows on this tour.

Rather sparse turnout I thought, but that could be due to this venue does have a bit of bad reputation around town (fights, rowdy patrons, The Cities Finest coming out to intervene in the past, but not this night). This site failed to mention this show too I noticed but I don't think that affected the turnout any.

Dave did walk through the crowd/bar area before the show talking to people, he came up to the table I was at and chatted a bit with the couple sitting with me. He was very cordial and in a very good mood. Didn't look tired or burned out from being on tour (albeit a shorter one). Maybe his birthday mood from the previous day was still in effect.

Throughout the night, different musicians on stage kept mentioning that this was the last show on this tour, which isn't true because they are in Lincoln NE tomorrow night.

But anyway, here is what they played, this isn't 100% accurate, but pretty darn close:

Somebody To Shove
Misery (with Silly Love songs)
Lately
All Is Well
Can't Help It
Black Gold
Without A Trace
Gravity
Spinnin'
Shut Down
The Game
Just Like Anyone
Stand Up and Be Strong (will all members from the warm up acts on stage, a good 12-15 people or so)

(Encore)
No Time For Waiting
Runaway Train
April Fool

I was hoping for a bit more punk rock songs, complete with hair whipping, but had to wait until the last song to get that. But during the set when they played some older material (Spinnin/Shut Down), about 1/4 of the people up front went back to their tables. I don't think they knew those songs. :mrgreen:
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Re: 2015-04-17 - Rochester, MN

Post by OneLovedBand »

Had a fun time at this one too! Got a PledgeMusic Meet & Greet kind of last minute (Wednesday) but since I was at the Mankato show on Thurs., I was able to work out the details with their tour manager in person for Friday. (She was very kind & helpful)

Anyway, it was well worth the $100, if any of you are on the fence about it. And Dave still made himself available to the other fans before and after the show. I know some of you were worried they wouldn't do that anymore with the paid Meet & Greets. Basing my opinion on this show, I don't think there anything to worry about. We just got a lot more time with the band at the paid one.