2015 June 5th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Re: June 5 @ First Ave

Post by EasyStreet »

attached is a set list I got from sound guy running the SBD
Attachments
SA 6-15-2015 set list.jpg
SA 6-15-2015 set list.jpg (555.64 KiB) Viewed 11406 times
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

Matthew wrote:My first time at first ave.. with a chance to see that Purple Rain star and what a darn good show this was. Talked with Justin at the café just had a refreshment as soon as .. thank you.
Glad you got to go and had a good time : )

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

These are just my thoughts but I don't think Dave was forgetting lyrics as much as he wasn't feeling well. He hid it well, but I think he was trying to not cough. I'm surprised he pulled it off as well as he did. I can't sing at ALL without coughing if I have one.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

Ahh, the plot thickens. Must not have been close enough to the stage etc to pick up on Dave might have had a cold or whatever....
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

irreverentsoul
Runaway

Re: 2015 June 5th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Post by irreverentsoul »

I watched the House of Blues show in Chicago and my confidence was restored in the bands performance. Perhaps I should take more Careful Aim before I shoot off my mouth? :-) The sound is different without Dan on his Gibson Les Paul. Justin is a skilled guitar player but prefers to uses pedals to produced sounds rather than Dan's punk rock passion and his vintage Les Paul. Justin did play with a Gibson SG and Gibson Les Paul on previous tours, perhaps he will re-think his guitar choice? Check out the video of Gravity on the Live Nation site from a previous show at First Avenue. Justin plays a Gibson SG. Very nice! I like my Soul Asylum Extra Crunchy!

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: 2015 June 5th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Twin Cities Media review (brief) and photos (many)

http://twincitiesmedia.net/blog/?p=12687