June 20, 2015 Brooklyn Bowl

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Sad Daydream
Marionette

Re: June 20, 2015 Brooklyn Bowl

Post by Sad Daydream »

reboog711 wrote:Additionally, the current rendition of SA half feels like a cover band
I never wanted it to feel that way. When Dan left I was majorly bummed, but I still have supported the band, and I will continue to do so as far as new releases are concerned. But this BB show has left a bitter (sweetheart) taste in my mouth as far as the live experience. I know the sound sucked, but again, a LOT of that was Justin's guitar tone and volume. It just didn't feel or sound right to me. I was also surprised how much the room was emptying out as the show went on. There was a fairly big crowd at the start of the set, but by the end I felt half the crowd had left. But when you have people shouting about how terrible the sound is, I guess that's bound to happen. I'm wondering if things sounded better at Bowery Ballroom last night (?).

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Well, half the crowd were Meat Puppets fans. A bunch of people who were up front for them left or moved back before SA even took the stage. When SA was the first "headliner" on previous tours, most of us didn't stick around either.

After last night I am digging the new songs even more. Totally cannot wait to hear the new album. I'll add some photos and comments to the Bowery thread tonight. I'll say for now that the setlist was exactly the same.

Sad Daydream
Marionette

Post by Sad Daydream »

Yaz McBoo wrote:After last night I am digging the new songs even more. Totally cannot wait to hear the new album. I'll add some photos and comments to the Bowery thread tonight. I'll say for now that the setlist was exactly the same.
That's another reason I skipped last night, it looked like they are sticking to the same set this run. In the past I have seen them twice within the same week and there were lots of differences between sets. I hope the sound was better than BB! Look forward to reading your thoughts/seeing your pics. Glad you're digging the new tunes - I look forward to hearing them (I don't count the BB performance as hearing them). :-)

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

EDIT:
Oops, never mind, check the Bowery thread.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

It would have been great if the sound at Brooklyn Bowl was better. I was looking forward to the new songs, and I'm not sure I picked up many lyrics. With the older songs, I've played those so many times I can just fill the words in my head as I sing along.

However, it's not easy for me to go to weeknight shows unless they are in a short driving distance, so I'll take what I can get on a weekend when I can travel. I was in a mood where I really needed to see my band, and they put many smiles on my face on Saturday. It was also good to catch up with fellow fans. :)

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Thanks Nikki, thanks Zany!