06/27/15 riverhead ny

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Made2bebroken
Lone Rider

06/27/15 riverhead ny

Post by Made2bebroken »

After a great show on monday I decided to go to the one last night out in Riverhead which is located towards the east end of Long Island. Both bands played and sounded great but the venue was way too big with an emphasis on sit down dining.

Compared to the nyc show I's say the Meat Puppets played a lot tighter and Soul Asylum were a lot looser last night. Two highlights were a little bit of a feedback jam at the end of "Just Like Anyone" and an extended version of "whatcha need" where everyone got to do a little bit of a solo. Also "The Game" which has never been one of my favorite songs came off sounding a lot more emotional and beautiful.

The sound was excellent. Even right at the stage level I could hear everyone clearly. You could definitly hear everything Justin brings to the band. His guitar almost has a organ/paino sound to it on some songs.

One cool thing about the venue was that they projected images onto a big screen while the bands played. I took this picture and thought it looked awesome. They also had one of the "delayed reaction" cover which has never been my favorite but seeing it blown up and the band playing in front of it made it look great.

Overall just a good show, just not the right venue for Soul Asylum. I could name at least a half dozen better venues on Long Island but at the end of the day I'm just happy I got to see them play 15 minutes from my house when usually it's a 2 hour train ride to nyc or a trip up to CT to catch my favorite band.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 9680 times