2015 Oct. 23rd - The Belmont, Austin, Texas SETLIST

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

2015 Oct. 23rd - The Belmont, Austin, Texas SETLIST

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

This may not be in order: SOMEBODY TO SHOVE,SHUT DOWN,JUST LIKE ANYONE,MISERY,WHATCHA NEED,SPINNIN,BLACK GOLD,WITHOUT A TRACE,RUNAWAY TRAIN,CANT HELP IT,SUPERSONIC,THE GAME,NO TIME FOR WAITING,EYES OF A CHILD,ENCORE GRAVITY,APRIL FOOL. The sound wasnt very good vocals too low same problem for meat puppets. overall good show i hope the new songs sound good.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: OCT. 23 THE BELMONT AUSTIN TEXAS SETLIST

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Same comments RE: sound as the spring /summer tour. Did they get a new sound person this year?!? Have they not heard these complaints? Sound has usually not been an issue at their shows in the past.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

Thanks for posting the setlist!

As far as I know, I don't think they are touring with their own sound person. Where were you located at the show? If you weren't in the sweet spot your listening pleasure starts to decrease, sometimes dramatically depending on where you are standing/sitting etc.
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

For the summer shows, folks standing in all different parts of the venues complained about not being able to hear Dave. It was a pretty consistent lament, if you peruse the show threads.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

EasyStreet wrote:Thanks for posting the setlist!

As far as I know, I don't think they are touring with their own sound person. Where were you located at the show? If you weren't in the sweet spot your listening pleasure starts to decrease, sometimes dramatically depending on where you are standing/sitting etc.
That is true i was in the front left side although i heard others who were far away who said the sound was terrible. i really enjoyed the show we drove 8 hrs. in flooding rain 2 1/2 hr traffic jam just got there before 8. great show but ive always in the 5 times i have seen SA been on the left side same with seeing MEAT PUPPETS never have they sounded like that and i heard Curt Kirkwood complain about it in fact the whole band stopped and were trying to get the sound guy to fix it, it never got fixed. still great show good memories.