2008 March 24th-26th - 3 California shows (Canceled)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
g8trcarol
Caged Rat

Post by g8trcarol »

Sorry Benny,

Wrong coast for me as well. Unless I suddenly come into great wealth, I will be unable to attend. I will, however, alert friends.

Peace,
Carol

Benny
Runaway

California dates POSTPONED!!

Post by Benny »

Hello all

Unfortunately, due to personal illness reasons on the part of our headliner, Blue October, our Los Angeles, San Francisco, & San Diego dates that were to happen this week have been indefinitely postponed. We'll let you know ASAP as to when they are rescheduled. Stand by, and in the meantime, think good thoughts regarding Blue October.

Our show in Park City, UT on Saturday March 29 is still on, so we'll see you there.

Soul Asylum

cujofats
O'Jeezer

Post by cujofats »

Real sorry to hear this Benny. Disappointed we won't get to see Soul Asylum in SF, but good health is what really matters. Sending out thoughts for a healthy recovery to all involved.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

there's a choice missing on your poll.

"it sucks for you guys, but it doesnt suck for me because i couldnt go anyway."

that's too bad though, that they got postponed. you could always make up for it with something oh....in new orleans.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Definitely some disapointing news, but hopefully everything will be all right and they'll be able to reschedule soon.
sheryl wrote:"it sucks for you guys, but it doesnt suck for me because i couldnt go anyway."
I'm having trouble picking one to vote for as of now, so I'll hold my vote for this option if it becomes available.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Blue October says Soul Asylum is still performing

Post by sheryl »

they just posted a myspace bulletin about their absence from the shows in california, saying that the shows are still going on without them, and soul asylum is still playing.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

That's great news! I couldn't find it, though. Could you provide a link?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

inasimplerhyme
Runaway

Post by inasimplerhyme »

I just called the Avalon in Hollywood about tonight's show, and according to the woman who answered the phone, as far as she knew, the show was cancelled, tickets were being refunded and she hadn't heard anything else. She said I could call back again at 5:30 pm or so to see if things had changed.

-Jon

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I just spoke to Benny and he said Soul Asylum is NOT performing either. Unfortunately the show wasn't going to go on with just Soul Asylum if Blue October wasn't performing. Benny also mentioned that if Blue October does reschedule, Soul Asylum would still open for them.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com