2008 April 26th - Jazz Fest, New Orleans, LA (Dave solo)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
norma023
O'Jeezer

2008 April 26th - Jazz Fest, New Orleans, LA (Dave solo)

Post by norma023 »

Well, not a Dave show, but he's listed as playing along with others.

Read all about it here:

http://rotarydowns.blogspot.com/2008/03 ... -2008.html

When: Saturday, April 26th
Where: One Eyed Jacks, New Orleans
Time: 10pm (sharp)
What - Supagroup, Rotary Downs, with Dave Pirner solo (Soul Asylum), A Living Soundtrack

* We are very excited about our solo Jazz Fest night show, at dowtown NOLA's premier rock club. We are honored to
be playing with Dave Pirner of Soul Asylum, and our friends and Rotary Downs alums A Living Soundtrack
**www.myspace.com/alivingsoundtrack
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

well, if this is true it looks like i'm taking that night off. one eyed jacks is walking distance for me.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

norma023 wrote:sure seems like it! :D
http://www.oneeyedjacks.net/?m=20080426&cat=3

yep....it definitely appears to be booked. but it's one of the few shows not highlighted on the calender AND there's no online ticket sale for it. i'm hoping there's really a "yet" at the end of that statement. i'm going to keep my eye on it.

how'd you find that???? i'm set up to get notification from half a dozen different damn places for either soul asylum, golden smog or dave pirner. what do they send me notices for? thomas the tank engine. go figure.

i also read the gambit and offbeat every single time they come out, and comb them...and i never found this.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

LOL, you get "thomas the tank engine" alerts? I need to get signed up for that! :P

Google alerts works for me. Granted I get any/all Winona "alerts" that metion Dave. But sometimes some of these alerts have content I'm after

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

norma023 wrote:LOL, you get "thomas the tank engine" alerts? I need to get signed up for that! :P

Google alerts works for me. Granted I get any/all Winona "alerts" that metion Dave. But sometimes some of these alerts have content I'm after
i do indeed get thomas the tank engine alerts. i have no idea why. google alerts just stopped working for me about six months ago. i'm signed up for several bands including soul asylum and dave, but i get nothing. don't know why. very annoying.

this show at one eyed jacks is going to cause me a lot of stress until i have a ticket in hand.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Re: Dave show in New Orleans on April 26th (Jazzfest)

Post by norma023 »

so do you have your ticket yet? Or do they not sell them in advance at bar/venue ??
:mrgreen:

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

they do sell them in advance at that venue, but they're not doing them in advance for that particular show. zack, from rotary downs, told me that they're very sure it wont sell out. so it's tickets at the door for this one.
there's also some ongoing confusion about who's playing where on which date.
the show that includes dave is scheduled for the 26th at one eyed jacks.
the other show at jazzfest, on the 4th, doesn't include dave.
however a very reliable source has told me that the show dave's playing , with rotary downs at one eyed jacks, was originally scheduled for the 30th, and has now been moved to the following weekend. that he's not playing on the 26th, but is playing the following weekend.
rotary downs and one eyed jacks refute this information and say the show, including dave, is now and has always been on the 26th.

so i really have no idea if i'm going to see dave or not. i'm definitely going to see rotary downs, supagroup and a living soundtrack on the 26th but i have no idea if dave will be there.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

Hmm, "welcome to your world" I guess !!

:?

blitzkriegbob
Stranger

Post by blitzkriegbob »

I'm coming down from NY for jazzfest and definitely plan on being there. Looking forward to it. Is he playing with a band or acoustic? Did this venue used to be called something else?