Turf Club show - Tues. Jan. 19

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: Turf Club show - Tues. Jan. 19

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Anybody go? Same ol', same ol'? Any debuts/odd stuff?

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

I went, met few other forum members too but maybe everyone is a little gun shy, or blown away still. :P

Attached is a picture of the set list, pretty much the same show they have been playing this past year or so. But it was a great show! I enjoyed it even more so just because it wasn't at First Ave. First Ave is a great venue and all but I wish they would explore other venues around town a bit more. How about going back to the Cabooze sometime?? Or play at the Whole ?? (man I do miss the 400 Bar though....)

This was a smaller stage so Dave didn't have as much room to move about/dance whatever. But he was able to "sway" his hips some, Elvis style, towards the end.

As the show went on Dave did mention two upcoming local concerts, one was the cd release show for March 26th, then he also mentioned they were playing another in conjunction with some NHL outdoor games in relation to the MN Wild. Need more intel about that one, anyone?

We did get a few jokes in there throughout the show, one I hadn't heard but can't remember now what it was, then the artificial plant one, and the 2 antenna's one. A 4 song encore that started out with "Rebel Rebel", which was not on the setlist.

All in a all, another great home town show to the lucky 500 or so people in attendance!
Attachments
20160119_231114.jpg
20160119_231114.jpg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 13045 times
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Thanks Todd!

Yes, it would be cool if SA did some other venues. Taking it to an extreme, Wilco once did 5 shows at 5 different Chicago venues in one week, maybe SA could do something similar. (3 shows/3 venues at least?) That'd get me back out there again.

The Stadium Series weekend is February 20-21:
http://wild.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=106669

No official mention of SA yet. Previously, bands have played short sets before the NHL games (2-3 songs?), maybe something between periods too. I went to a game in NYC but paid little attention to the music so I can't recall those details exactly.

Thanks for posting pic of the setlist.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

I had earplugs in during the show and couldn't understand a lot of the speech so I can't help you out as far as more info. It was great to see everybody there and also agree the Turf Club was a nice spot to see SA play.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

well I did find this link --> http://www.thershl.com/allstarnews.asp?A=26

which is for the Rockem Sockem Hockey League, but states on the very bottom of the link:

"One last thing, proud minnesotan musicians Prince, Bob Dylan and Soul Asylum will be giving a free concert on 3 different stages around the Twin Cities metropolitan area"

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Pretty sure that is a "Fantasy League," meaning their "press release" is for entertainment purposes only.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

yeah I am thinking that page I linked to is more along the lines of what you might find in The Onion. In the link Yaz posted and looking at the ticket prices listed, that doesn't appear to be anything I will be spending $$ on myself.....

http://wild.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=106672

:shock: