2016-03-25 - Electric Fetus, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

2016-03-25 - Electric Fetus, Minneapolis, MN

Post by EasyStreet »

Is this the first ever Fetus instore??

In-store Peformance & Signing

Electric Fetus - Minneapolis
Friday, March 25th - 7:00 p.m.

http://www.electricfetus.com/NewsItem/5997
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Re: 2016-03-25 - Electric Fetus, Minneapolis, MN

Post by OneLovedBand »

It's the 1st one that I have been aware of since liking the band. Could have been some back in the day I wasn't aware of though.

I saw a Fitz & the Tantrums in-store at the Electric Fetus a few years back. I'm trying to think of any wisdom I can share from that. I don't remember having to wait outside (it was like 0 out), no lines or anything. If I remember correctly, I just got there a little early and shopped until the music started. I think there were about 100 people there and it was comfortable. I could see OK and no problem getting stuff signed by the band. Of course this one could be totally different...who knows? Anyone have a different experience with an Electric Fetus in-store?

Should be a fun weekend next week! Is anyone coming in town for the two events?

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

OneLovedBand wrote: If I remember correctly, I just got there a little early and shopped until the music started. I think there were about 100 people there and it was comfortable. I could see OK and no problem getting stuff signed by the band. Of course this one could be totally different...who knows? Anyone have a different experience with an Electric Fetus in-store?
Last time I was there for an instore performance the show itself was after store hours. Must have been on a Sunday perhaps (7pm show, stores closes at 6pm?) but I got there before closing time, to "browse around," but when the normal closing came they kicked everyone out and locked the doors. That is when a line outside formed and we had to wait for the doors to open up before we could go back inside. This particular show is at 7pm and the normal close time is 9pm it looks like, so what I experienced once before should not be a repeat of that.

Looking forward to it though!!

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

here is an online review I came across --> http://weheartmusic.typepad.com/blog/20 ... -2016.html

and here is an audio recording of this set as well --> https://soundcloud.com/soul-asylum-arch ... neapolismn