Summer 2016 Tour Dates

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
topiratti
Inmate

Re: Summer 2016 Tour Dates

Post by topiratti »

Omg finally they'll be near me. Finally after. 23 years ill get to see them in burlington. Wooot so excited. So very excited. Finally I don't have to cross the border.... Soooo happy I'm crying... Does anyone have an actual time theylll go on or link to the festival? I'm on my phone.
Image are of baby rats my female gave birth too ;D

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

SA's web page has a link for show/ticket info, however I just checked and they play at 9:30
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

So happy for you Topiratti! Glad you will get to see SA near you! That's a long time to wait to see them close by. Seeing your fav. Band where you live is always more special.

topiratti
Inmate

Post by topiratti »

i bought a ticket for front row, so happy im going, i just hope after the show, the band will sign autographs ;.; i plan on bringing a record i have ;.;

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

Front row...awesome! Nothing quite like seeing SA from the front. Anyone else have an SA show coming up they are really excited about?

I'm currently planning on two SA shows. Nothing unusual about them but I'm always happy to see the guys!

Always nice to see another New Wave band too. (the English Beat). I've been trying to see 80s New Wave bands before they retire.

topiratti
Inmate

Post by topiratti »

yup, cant wait, and i hope i do get front row X_x i wont be able to run, lol

also would anyone know if they will be selling any SA stuff like CDs, or Tshirts, or if the boys would be doing autographs?i have this lp "something out of nothing" (yea its one of those old records that you can throw like a frisby xD) which included a soul asylum sticker shaped like a guitar and i was hoping to meet them to have it signed ;.;

edit: apparently its a lp single o.O and it has on the label "for promotional use only" 33 1/3 rpm (whatever that means)

side a has something out of nothing, side b has freaks to sir with love and marionette (all live)

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

They don't usually do autograph sessions but Dave's pretty accessible if you hang near the tour bus after the show. They usually have a merch table but normally with only the latest cd/vinyl. They usually have a hoodie and t shirt with "Soul Asylum" written in the the Dim Light-era font. Occasionally there are other designs that seem to be "one time only " products for each tour.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

They had new keychains available at the shows they did earlier this year. Says "SA" on them.

topiratti
Inmate

Post by topiratti »

apparently the merch was not able to cros sthe border?

i dunno, but the show at the burlington sound of music festival was awesome, even saw/heard SA do a soundcheck, it was cool

dave and everyone else were so energetic!

got pictures, and video (tho icant upload the video onto FB, and i cant load it onto youtube on my phone -.-)

i got the killjoys setlist, and some of dave pirners lyric sheets, not all of one song of course, 2 different ones, but still cool

they left right after the show, so no autographs :

i hope i am permitted to post my FB page, https://www.facebook.com/topiratti/medi ... 927&type=3 since that is where you can see the pictures, it should be set to public

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIUpN1BC6sc youtube upload, recorded during a soundcheck that i managed to catch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MhyNz9hqJs eyes of a child/runaway train

they also did play summer of drugs which was cool

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

That's cool you were able to see the soundcheck too! Were you able to be up front for the show?