Saints’ All-Star festivities include Soul Asylum

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
irreverentsoul
Runaway

Saints’ All-Star festivities include Soul Asylum

Post by irreverentsoul »

By ROSS RAIHALA | rraihala@pioneerpress.com
June 16, 2016 at 5:37 pm

http://www.twincities.com/2016/06/16/sa ... is-hawkey/

Soul Asylum and Chris Hawkey will headline the St. Paul Saints’ All-Star Monday on Aug. 1, a pre-party for the American Association All-Star Game the following night at CHS Field in downtown St. Paul.

Tickets for All-Star Monday are $15 and go on sale at 9 a.m. Monday through the Saints box office, by phone at 651-644-6659 or online. The price will increase to $20 on the day of the event. Tickets for the All-Star Game itself run from $21 to $5.

All-Star Monday kicks off with the iHeart Radio Celebrity softball game at 6:30 p.m. and features local radio folks battling Twin Cities sports personalities. At 7:30 p.m., KFAN morning DJ and country singer Chris Hawkey will perform with his band, followed by a Home Run Derby and a closing set by Soul Asylum. The band has a history with the Saints and played one of the first major concerts at the old Midway Stadium in 1995.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Re: Saints’ All-Star festivities include Soul Asylum

Post by EasyStreet »

Anyone have any more info about this? Like where the stage is, is your ticket seat the same as were you will be for the music? etc?

I thought I had read once that for the live music you will be able to go/get down to the playing field area, but I am not finding that anymore.

With a celebrity softball game at 6pm, then live music, then a Home Run Derby after that, then more live music I am having a hard time trying to figure out "where" the stage will be for the live music. I'm envisioning out in the outfield of the playing field but how can that not be in the way for the ball game stuff??

I just went down there to have a look-sy but saw nothing in regards to where a stage will be set up for live music.

Anyone have any intel?
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: Saints’ All-Star festivities include Soul Asylum

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Dunno about this one but once I was at a Pittsburgh Pirates game and Collective Soul played afterwards, alternating songs with fireworks. They set up a stage around 2nd base. Fans were not allowed on the field then - fans are never allowed on the grass unless it is covered with decking, like for a full concert. The minor leagues are a little different though.