2008 May 3rd - Hamline University, St. Paul, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Re: show in St Paul ???

Post by Sometime to Return »

May 3rd/Hamline Univ
that's all I know

Phil, are you going to cover for me for that $20 ???
I have that covered; no problem, a couple of beers as well. How did you hear about this show? Any idea what time they are scheduled to play?

I know they aren't playing in the music hall; Sundin. They maybe playing outside in the football stadium; I don't know.

I have a call into a couple of my old professors trying to get some info/ tickets. I am going to work this alumni angle hard.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

heh, getting in line for somthing's +1 if the Alumni trick works!

Thanks for the updates Benny!

With it snowing (and rain) since last night, hopefully this is indoors!

(Sorry, can't reveal my sources)
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

So, since I don't anyone who knows anyone who currently goes to Hamline, here's my plan B...

Jim Walsh's Hootenanny is the night before the Hamline SA show. Jim was at Dave's Cabooze show back in December. The Hoot guests this week are Marc and Janey, Ed Ackerson and Peter Anderson - all people who opened for Dave at the Cabooze show. We know Dave will be in town, soooo.... I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'! $5, kids under 12 free, Friday night at 6:30, the basement of Java Jack's in South Mpls. It's a great lineup either way, but let's hope for a surprise guest or two!

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

**** ding ding ding, I think we have a winner!!! ****

Be checking your mailbox for the surpise gift there promisesbroken!

I saw the Hoot lineup just yesterday for this upcoming Friday's Hoot. Thinking my "Hoot hiatus" will have to come to an end. How can one miss that lineup!! :shock:

I'll be there Friday night with son in tow. What time should one get there in order to get a seat (or 2)?

/end thread jack

staying on topic, sure would be nice to know what time of the day one would need to be on the Hamline Campus this weekend for any campus activities -- 3pm? 6pm ? 10pm?
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Being an aluminist doesn't have any benefits. :shock:

The below information is from two different sources. I had to do my due diligence just to make sure. This is the official response.

Soul Asylum is playing the end of the party outside in the soccer field. However; it appears they are moving it inside do to the weather.

If they move it indoors; it becomes a Hamline University student only party. (previously; they could bring one guest) You have to show a current Hamline Univeristy student I.D. in order to get a ticket. Some of the students will not be able to go and all of the professors will not be able to go.

Soul Asylum is scheduled to play around 6 P.M.; ending around 8 P.M.

The unofficial response.
If you are bored that day and need something to do; head down to the campus and see if you can get in somehow. I think someone from a previous post said throw a kid a $20; that's probably what I will be doing.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

how much are tickets ??

:roll:

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Sometime to Return wrote:Being an aluminist doesn't have any benefits.
What's an aluminist? A person who makes aluminum? Perhaps that has more clout with metal bands.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

norma023 wrote:how much are tickets ??

:roll:
Depends how poor the person working the door is, and/or if he's over 21.

And no, I can't cover you the $20 this time.... If I was in town, maybe .

Phil

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

guess I misread that, thought it said you need to show your student I.D. in order to be able to buy a ticket. Kinda sounds like it's free then, for the Hamline Univ folk that is. Here's to hoping it isn't raining that day!!
Sometime to Return wrote: You have to show a current Hamline Univeristy student I.D. in order to get a ticket.

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

I'm planning on getting there around 6:00. We got three seats right up front last time just showing up 1/2 hour early. I'll be the one with the amped up 5-year-old skeleton-shirt boy! :D
norma023 wrote:**** ding ding ding, I think we have a winner!!! ****

Be checking your mailbox for the surpise gift there promisesbroken!

I saw the Hoot lineup just yesterday for this upcoming Friday's Hoot. Thinking my "Hoot hiatus" will have to come to an end. How can one miss that lineup!! :shock:

I'll be there Friday night with son in tow. What time should one get there in order to get a seat (or 2)?

/end thread jack

staying on topic, sure would be nice to know what time of the day one would need to be on the Hamline Campus this weekend for any campus activities -- 3pm? 6pm ? 10pm?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.