2008 May 3rd - Hamline University, St. Paul, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Re: show in St Paul ???

Post by Sometime to Return »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote:
What's an aluminist? A person who makes aluminum? Perhaps that has more clout with metal bands.

Nice rip; I found this very funny. Where's spell check when you need it?

Let's try this; since Hamline is my almamater :D I was hoping for some "love." I begged, I pleaded, I graveled. By the time I had ended my calls; I would have had more fun bagging my head against the wall without a helmet on.

My understanding is that it's free to current Hamline students. With the weather here; it looks like it's going to be moved inside.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Sometime to Return wrote:Miss Fitt 2 wrote:
What's an aluminist? A person who makes aluminum? Perhaps that has more clout with metal bands.

Nice rip; I found this very funny. Where's spell check when you need it?

Let's try this; since Hamline is my almamater :D I was hoping for some "love." I begged, I pleaded, I graveled. By the time I had ended my calls; I would have had more fun bagging my head against the wall without a helmet on.

My understanding is that it's free to current Hamline students. With the weather here; it looks like it's going to be moved inside.
I'm always quite glad that my browser actually has spell check in text boxes. Little red squiggly lines are one of the greatest inventions ever.

Best of luck making the show. I personally would give it a try, you never know what a bit of persistence can do. Worst case scenario you hang out outside the venue listening until someone says fuck it and lets you in.

Phil

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Sometime to Return wrote:Nice rip; I found this very funny. Where's spell check when you need it?
Not really a "rip." I was just having some fun. :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I really hope it works out.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

doors are at 3pm and there are 4 bands listed as playing (not in any particular order):

SA
Quiet Drive
Bone Crusher
Skyline Citizen

It has been moved indoors as well to the Bush Student Center. Good luck to any who go to this!
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Moto Geek
Inmate

Post by Moto Geek »

So - let's hear a report from somebody that got in!
"Standing in the sun with a popsicle - everything is possible!"

Moto Geek
Inmate

Post by Moto Geek »

Aww c'mon - - - nobody?

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Bueller? Bueller?

Surely one of us...
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Easy Street
Lone Rider

Post by Easy Street »

Hey all, just found this site and this thread, looks like I was the sole person at this show! :)

That was a great show, played a little over an hour. It was great seeing Tommy up there on bass though, that was quite the surprise!!

Smallish (but into it) crowd I thought, and it seemed to get thinner as the show went on. Probably around 100 ppl MAX there by the time they were done. Band didn't seem to mind much about that the as they were sure having fun. It was great seeing Dave jump into the crowd playing his guitar (that was during the opening part of Bus Named Desire when the other members are doing there own parts)! Too bad I was on Danny's side otherwise Dave would have jumped right in front of me! :shock:

I did look around on here and saw some setlists for other shows, and from the looks of it, this show wasn't much different, song wise, to other recent shows. However I did manage to grab a setlist after the show from the soundboard ppl, so here you go: :ugeek:

Somebody to Shove
All Is Well
See You Later
Misery
Lately
Black Gold
Without A Trace
Never Really Been
Runaway Train
Cartoon
Whatcha Need
Just Like Anyone
Sometime To Return
Bus Named Desire
Stand Up and Be Strong w/George (guitar tech) on acoustic guitar

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

OK, this is what kills me! 100 people? And they couldn't let in anyone who doesn't go to Hamline? Eeesh! Oh well, thanks for the report Easy Street, and welcome. I take it you're a student at Hamline and not someone who managed to weasel their way in otherwise?

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Moto Geek
Inmate

Post by Moto Geek »

Easy Street wrote:Smallish (but into it) crowd I thought, and it seemed to get thinner as the show went on. Probably around 100 ppl MAX there by the time they were done.
Grr - Grr! Ack that frustrates me!

Thanks for the show report Easy Street. Glad to hear that the fans that were there enjoyed it.