2007 Dec. 21st - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

norma023 wrote:Would like to add some archival info on that setlist and about the songs played, for anyone interested (or not): :D
Thanks Todd, you read my mind. I remembered you telling me about the "last played" dates yesterday and was going to include them, but I forgot exactly when they were last performed. Also thanks for putting Silly Love Songs in the list (forgot to add that great little "bit" to the list earlier).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

norma023 wrote:
Encores #2:
Cruel Intentions
Candy From A Stranger
Slowly Rising
Sounds like an incredible show. Quick question about it, was dave on keys for cruel and candy?

phil

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Yes...Dave was on the keys.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

One other small note about the show -- Dave shed his telecaster and Benny came out and played guitar on "Hope" (Descendents cover), while Dave sang and roamed the stage in primal, punk rock glory. Really fun performance.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

spinnin
Lone Rider

Post by spinnin »

That was by far the greatest show i have ever been to!!! the Mrs. was a little disappointed they didn't play "we3" but i thought the set list was perfect!!! i finally got to see them play "easy street" live so now i can die a happy man! what a great night. thank you to the band and all that attended.

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

It was great seeing some Illinois (my former home before I moved to MPLS this past summer) people at the show - Jim, Scott and Traci! Wish I could have met more of you from this site. Oh well, there's always next week! So who's going to see Dave & co. at The Cabooze next week?

Tracy

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

Wow, Oh My God! That was the coolest show I could have ever hoped to of seen Friday night. Simply amazing! Probably the best SA show I've seen in a few years! I almost didn't go, instead to hang out with some friends from out of town, but then decided I needed to see them before the holiday, gonna be stressful and this show definitely left me with that "Ringing in my ears that's heaven sent", you know the sweet dullness of sound after seeing a good SA show, you can't hear, you are almost in a daze. I know it's really from the dead cells in your eardrums being replaced and I should have worn ear plugs, but it really just feels like nothing sonicly(sp?) compares to what I experienced the night before!

Oh, run on sentences could keep gushing out of me, but those of you that were there know what I mean!

I think every roadie or guitar tech cept maybe Blake, from the past 10 years was there. I was wondering who was gonna run out and fix stuff during Stand Up and Be Strong, then James I believe comes out, he's been with SA on the road before and I met him at a couple Westerberg shows in MO before, nice guy got me into the Columbia show free. But as I was standing there I really started feeling the magic of following this band and knowing everybody on the stage, not personally, but I mean they were more than just random people. It was family and I couldn't help but enjoy that feeling, looking around at all these people from different walks of life singing along to all these songs, both old and new.

As Dan would put it, "Merry Fuckin' Christmas You All!"

Moto Geek
Inmate

Post by Moto Geek »

Anybody have any great pix to post from this show ?
"Standing in the sun with a popsicle - everything is possible!"

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Wow! That show was totally AMAZING! I think I just found out that one hasn't really lived until one has seen them perform...at least once.

Heheh Asylunt...I know exactly what you mean. My ears were still ringing far into the next day...but then again, I was standing practically next to the stage right speakers. :D

I'm sad to say I didn't get to meet up with any of you...not that I'd know what most of you look like... :( ...but if, perhaps, you saw a girl in white and brown layers, with black hair and glasses wandering around, that was me.

Nope sorry...didn't bring my camera. I'm sure someone from here took some pics?!? <keeps fingers crossed and looks hopeful>

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

You were standing right next to me! I was right by those speakers as well right near the dressing room!
See You Later