2008 June, 21st - RibFest, Kansas City, MO

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Re: Goin' to Kansas City (June 21 show)

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Twiddly Dee wrote:Yeah I'm sure we will meet. I try to go to every concert when the come. Thought about going to the one at the Ozarks. I'm just afraid that since they will have played here 3 times in the last 10 months that they won't be back for awhile!
I'm trying to convince my friend that we should take a road trip to Lake of the Ozarks for the show next month.

Were you at the show last October at the Downtown Airport? After the attendance at that one, I was afraid SA might never come back to KC. So, I was thrilled when I saw they were coming here and then again to Lake of the Ozarks.

Oops! I'm not going to be able to wait for your reply, but I'll check back in the next day or so. Nice "chatting" with you.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

danny
Lone Rider

Post by danny »

Youtube is not going to catch it. The show was every bit as good as these folks describe it, really remarkable for an outdoor event--19 songs, intensely delivered, with humor and passion; it was great fun.

Okay, which of you was the woman dead center in front of the stage in the long dark dress?

Danny

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

danny wrote:Youtube is not going to catch it. The show was every bit as good as these folks describe it, really remarkable for an outdoor event--19 songs, intensely delivered, with humor and passion; it was great fun.

Okay, which of you was the woman dead center in front of the stage in the long dark dress?

Danny
I think that would be Miss Fitt. If you go back and read she says she was in a black summer dress. I was just to the right of her. Was pretty remarkable huh?!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
Twiddly Dee wrote:Yeah I'm sure we will meet. I try to go to every concert when the come. Thought about going to the one at the Ozarks. I'm just afraid that since they will have played here 3 times in the last 10 months that they won't be back for awhile!
I'm trying to convince my friend that we should take a road trip to Lake of the Ozarks for the show next month.

Were you at the show last October at the Downtown Airport? After the attendance at that one, I was afraid SA might never come back to KC. So, I was thrilled when I saw they were coming here and then again to Lake of the Ozarks.

Oops! I'm not going to be able to wait for your reply, but I'll check back in the next day or so. Nice "chatting" with you.
Yeah I went to the concert at the airport! That totally rocked. Luved the back drop with the airplane. We started out in the back but after it started they gave us VIP passes so headed right for the stage, I was quite happy! I also went to the concert in Sept.2006 at the Voodoo lounge. The turn out was poor there too, maybe they just realize what a loyal fan base they have here in Kansas and thats why they keep returning, well thats what I hope!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

danny wrote:Youtube is not going to catch it. The show was every bit as good as these folks describe it, really remarkable for an outdoor event--19 songs, intensely delivered, with humor and passion; it was great fun.

Danny
Welcome, Danny. Are you from KC, also?

Your remark about the intensity of the show is right on the mark. I've never seen SA at a club show, but this show made me wish I had. Can only imagine what that intensity feels like in a smaller, more intimate venue.

P.S. I'm not the woman in the long dark dress. That was probably Miss Fitt.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Twiddly Dee wrote:Yeah I went to the concert at the airport! That totally rocked. Luved the back drop with the airplane. We started out in the back but after it started they gave us VIP passes so headed right for the stage, I was quite happy! I also went to the concert in Sept.2006 at the Voodoo lounge. The turn out was poor there too, maybe they just realize what a loyal fan base they have here in Kansas and thats why they keep returning, well thats what I hope!
Wasn't that the coolest venue for a show? And I liked Dave's joke about trying to get through all the songs in time for us to make our flight. :)

I started out in the back, but once the open bar closed, some guy from the VIP section just started letting in all the riffraff. I ended up a few feet away from the stage on the left side between Dave and George.

I missed the Sept. 2006 Voodoo Lounge show because I hadn't yet "rediscovered" Soul Asylum and didn't know about the show.
Last edited by CrazyLittleWoman on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

danny wrote:Okay, which of you was the woman dead center in front of the stage in the long dark dress?
That may have been me. Unless of course she was acting like an idiot, in which case it was most definitely not me. ;)

I'm so sorry we didn't all connect before the show so we could have talked to each other there! I usually check in to see who is going, but this one was an impulse decision.

But I'm so glad that you all had the same great experience I did. I've done a fair bit of traveling to see shows and I have never once regretted the expense, because I always have such a fantastic time at the shows from start to finish. And every show makes me eager for the next one. I wont be able to get to nearly as many shows as I did last year, but I'm determined to catch at least a couple more this summer. I hope to see some of you there!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

danny
Lone Rider

Post by danny »

Yeah, I'm from Kansas City, 20 years now. I think I'm answering CrazyLittleWoman. And thanks for your comment. I'm kind of dumb on these things, I don't know exactly how to reply to the post I just read.

Anyway, there's at least one shot of Lauren's (she's got more than went up at the Pitch) that may well show all of us. Sometime when they come, we might stage a get together.

And Miss Fitt, you were definitely not acting crazy when I saw you, just intent, beatific, happy to be where you were.

Danny

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

danny wrote:Yeah, I'm from Kansas City, 20 years now. I think I'm answering CrazyLittleWoman. And thanks for your comment. I'm kind of dumb on these things, I don't know exactly how to reply to the post I just read.

Anyway, there's at least one shot of Lauren's (she's got more than went up at the Pitch) that may well show all of us. Sometime when they come, we might stage a get together.

And Miss Fitt, you were definitely not acting crazy when I saw you, just intent, beatific, happy to be where you were.

Danny
You were answering me. Just go into the comment you wish to reply to and click that little QUOTE button on the upper right corner. That puts their comment in quotes at the top of your reply.