2008 June, 21st - RibFest, Kansas City, MO

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Re: Goin' to Kansas City (June 21 show)

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote: Miss Fitt, where were you? I would have loved to meet another fan, especially someone from this site. It would have been fun to hang out with another enthusiast.
I was right at the rail, positioned between Dave and Danny, which is where I pretty much always stand. I was wearing a black sundress, and yes I was dancing around - and probably doing some of my own hair whirling.

I'm sorry that I missed you, but I'm glad that your friend got to experience the magic of seeing Dave perform Bittersweetheart. Mercy. I'll be re-running that in my head ten or twelve thousand times.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

here's a clip of them on youtube playing this song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jTNGDds3neQ

Great reports everyone! Definately sounds like an awesome show, thanks for posting the setlist too! ;)
Sometime to Return wrote:Ok...
I am not familiar with "Gone 'til November;" what cd is that on?
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Hello fellow Soul Asylum fans,

I too went to the concert Saturday at Kemper! Reading some of your comments I realized there are other people out there who feel the same way about Soul Asylum as I do! I just can't seem to get enough of them, its been 3 days and I still can't seem to get it out of my head, no other concert does that for me!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote:
CrazyLittleWoman wrote: Miss Fitt, where were you? I would have loved to meet another fan, especially someone from this site. It would have been fun to hang out with another enthusiast.
I was right at the rail, positioned between Dave and Danny, which is where I pretty much always stand. I was wearing a black sundress, and yes I was dancing around - and probably doing some of my own hair whirling.

I'm sorry that I missed you, but I'm glad that your friend got to experience the magic of seeing Dave perform Bittersweetheart. Mercy. I'll be re-running that in my head ten or twelve thousand times.
I actually saw you down front early on (when I was still in my assigned seat and behaving myself). I commented on the sundress, because (on a girlie note) I've wanted a sundress and haven't been able to find one I like. It would have been so much better in that heat than my jeans (but then, my jeans aren't as well-ventilated as Dave's ;)).

Yes, I'm glad my friend saw this particular show. I dragged her along to serve as official photographer so I could just enjoy the show. She said later that she thought the band was great, was impressed with how energetic they were considering the heat, and liked all but "a couple of slow songs."

As for Dave performing Bittersweetheart, "Mercy," indeed. Gets a woman all flustered just thinking about it. :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Sometime to Return wrote:Ok...

I am not familiar with "Gone 'til November;" what cd is that on?
Here's a link to a youtube clip of Soul Asylum performing Gone 'til November with Wyclef Jean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTNGDds3neQ

Dave seems really knocked out to be playing this song with Wyclef Jean.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Twiddly Dee wrote:Hello fellow Soul Asylum fans,

I too went to the concert Saturday at Kemper! Reading some of your comments I realized there are other people out there who feel the same way about Soul Asylum as I do! I just can't seem to get enough of them, its been 3 days and I still can't seem to get it out of my head, no other concert does that for me!

Rusty
Welcome. So, are you from KC, Rusty? Where were you?

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Yeah I'm from Kansas City, KS. Me, my husband and son were right up there with the rest of you die hard fans. We were at the right of the stage between Dave and Dan.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

norma023 wrote:
Great reports everyone! Definately sounds like an awesome show, thanks for posting the setlist too! ;)
Sorry. I actually wrote it down. The setlist published in the Pitch review (linked earlier in the thread) is accurate according to my list. That's why I left it out of my report to make room for other details.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Twiddly Dee wrote:Yeah I'm from Kansas City, KS. Me, my husband and son were right up there with the rest of you die hard fans. We were at the right of the stage between Dave and Dan.
Wow, another Kansas City fan! That's great. I like the left side of the stage between Dave and George, but maybe we'll see each other at a show sometime. It'd be fun to meet another fan in person.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
Twiddly Dee wrote:Yeah I'm from Kansas City, KS. Me, my husband and son were right up there with the rest of you die hard fans. We were at the right of the stage between Dave and Dan.
Wow, another Kansas City fan! That's great. I like the left side of the stage between Dave and George, but maybe we'll see each other at a show sometime. It'd be fun to meet another fan in person.

Yeah I'm sure we will meet. I try to go to every concert when the come. Thought about going to the one at the Ozarks. I'm just afraid that since they will have played here 3 times in the last 10 months that they won't be back for awhile!