Can't get enough ! !

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Re: Can't get enough ! !

Post by Twiddly Dee »

[quote="CrazyLittleWoman"]Twiddly Dee: I'm beginning to feel the first twinges of that withdrawal you've been talking about. If it weren't for the upcoming Lake of the Ozarks show, I'd be in serious trouble.

YAYA!! We are going too! ! ! Im finally over my withdrawal symptoms just in time to start all over again!! Oh well its all worth it! But I have no clue what we will do after this concert. Hopefully they come back soon. My son is really excited, he's hoping to get the rest of the bands signatures on his hat. He got Dave's at Ribfest. I think we are gonna head down Friday night and might stay until Sunday depending on how long the concert goes. I wouldnt mind seeing alittle of Everclear and Cracker. Hope to see there!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

sheryl wrote:I've passed withdrawal and entered into grudging acceptance of the fact that it could likely be years before i see them again. there's been no new orleans show since a year ago may, and i have no car or any other way to leave new orleans to go see them. soooooooooo.....i make do with paul sanchez, john boutte, kermit ruffins, soul project, m40f, happy talk, and the bingo show.

it's a tough old world, innit.
Sorry about your car (read about it on another thread). That sucks.

It's not really the same, of course, but at least you have the consolation of living in a great city for music.

Still and all, you'd think Soul Asylum could drag their asses to New Orleans for a show. It's an amazing place and it's Dave's adopted city, so it's hard to imagine why they don't play there more often. :x That sucks, too.

Again, sorry. :(
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Twiddly Dee wrote:
CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Twiddly Dee: I'm beginning to feel the first twinges of that withdrawal you've been talking about. If it weren't for the upcoming Lake of the Ozarks show, I'd be in serious trouble.

YAYA!! We are going too! ! ! Im finally over my withdrawal symptoms just in time to start all over again!! Oh well its all worth it! But I have no clue what we will do after this concert. Hopefully they come back soon. My son is really excited, he's hoping to get the rest of the bands signatures on his hat. He got Dave's at Ribfest. I think we are gonna head down Friday night and might stay until Sunday depending on how long the concert goes. I wouldnt mind seeing alittle of Everclear and Cracker. Hope to see there!
I'm just going for the day. We should be arriving in the early afternoon, but I'm not sure how late we'll be staying.

My name is Laura. Much as I enjoy having an alter ego, I'd prefer not to answer to "Crazy Little Woman" in public. ;)

Hope to see you there!

--Laura
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

[[/quote][/quote]I'm just going for the day. We should be arriving in the early afternoon, but I'm not sure how late we'll be staying.

My name is Laura. Much as I enjoy having an alter ego, I'd prefer not to answer to "Crazy Little Woman" in public. ;)

Hope to see you there!

--Laura[/quote]

Yep front and center ! ! Im so stoked!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Twiddly Dee wrote:Yep front and center ! ! Im so stoked!
Me, too!

A friend of mine just went to some huge record sale and today he gave me first press vinyl of Say What You Will. . .Everything Can Happen and Made to Be Broken! :o (Maybe not a big deal to everyone, but it's my first SA on vinyl! It's especially exciting since my CD of Say What You Will is the re-issue.)

I actually squealed with delight! (Kind of embarrassing, actually, but I had the presence of mind to work in the words "Thank you!" and "You're the best!" eventually.)

So now I have new "toys" to help stave off some of the feelings of withdrawal after the show. (I know, I know, the record isn't the same as a live show, but it's a way to ease the pain.)

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

You're not the first one to squeal with delight upon finding a SA vinyl to take home. :)

Now I just need to get a record player to listen to the records. Heh. I like finding memorabilia.

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:You're not the first one to squeal with delight upon finding a SA vinyl to take home. :)

Now I just need to get a record player to listen to the records. Heh. I like finding memorabilia.
Yes! I love my 12" single of Standing in the Doorway. The pics are awesome! I also have a single (7") of Cartoon now. I am about to set up a couple of record players in my house, because vinyl's becoming popular again. I have about 3 around the house to try out. Hopefully one of them will sound decent.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

no1rockfan wrote:
mystic_spiral_3 wrote:You're not the first one to squeal with delight upon finding a SA vinyl to take home. :)

Yes! I love my 12" single of Standing in the Doorway. The pics are awesome! I also have a single (7") of Cartoon now. I am about to set up a couple of record players in my house, because vinyl's becoming popular again. I have about 3 around the house to try out. Hopefully one of them will sound decent.
I'm lucky. I have an "old" stereo system that actually came with a good turntable, so I've already sampled the new "toys" a bit and look forward to repeated listening once my post-show withdrawal hits. :)

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
no1rockfan wrote:

I'm lucky. I have an "old" stereo system that actually came with a good turntable, so I've already sampled the new "toys" a bit and look forward to repeated listening once my post-show withdrawal hits. :)
The best turntables are old! All 3 of mine are old. That's why I need to check them out. The new one I bought with a CD player included has an awful, tinny speaker!

Have fun with your new vinyl!

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Thanks!

I've gave the new toys a spin earlier today. They sound great. Stranger, especially, sounds fantastic on vinyl. I swear I heard sounds I never noticed when listening to the CD.

Hope you get one of your turntables up and running soon. :)