Can't get enough ! !

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Can't get enough ! !

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Its only been a week since I seen them at Ribfest here in Kansas City and I am going through withdrawal big time ! ! I've been listening to their music all day!! Gonna have to get me another fix and soon! :P :shock: :lol:

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Re: Can't get enough ! !

Post by Sometime to Return »

Twiddly Dee
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:23 pm

Can't get enough ! !
Its only been a week since I seen them at Ribfest here in Kansas City and I am going through withdrawal big time ! ! I've been listening to their music all day!! Gonna have to get me another fix and soon!
Join the club. I have been this way since 1988 and don't plan on changing anytime soon. When I get done here; I amd going to give my two dogs a bath to the wonderful sound of "TSL" blasting through my neighborhood.

I need to add some variety to my MP3; but right now all I have in there is the "best american band ever" and the replacements.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Sometime to Return wrote:
Twiddly Dee

Can't get enough ! !
Its only been a week since I seen them at Ribfest here in Kansas City and I am going through withdrawal big time ! ! I've been listening to their music all day!! Gonna have to get me another fix and soon!
Join the club. I have been this way since 1988 and don't plan on changing anytime soon.
I'm pretty sure most everyone in here knows the feeling of going through SA withdrawl. There's a reason many of us see so many shows a year

The harder question, is when is the withdrawl worse, 1 week after a show, or when you haven't seen them for a year. I've been in both situations, and they both suck. I think i've made it over a year a couple times, but, when it rains it tends to pour. Either 6 or 7 months without a show, or 4 or so in a month or two time period. I kind of wonder how the vast majority of the world who have never seen them live manage....

Phil

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

philipgar wrote:
Sometime to Return wrote:
Twiddly Dee

Join the club. I have been this way since 1988 and don't plan on changing anytime soon.

The harder question, is when is the withdrawl worse, 1 week after a show, or when you haven't seen them for a year. I've been in both situations, and they both suck. I think i've made it over a year a couple times, but, when it rains it tends to pour. Either 6 or 7 months without a show, or 4 or so in a month or two time period. I kind of wonder how the vast majority of the world who have never seen them live manage....

Phil

For me its definantly the 1st week after the show thats the worse, just because everything is still so fresh in my mind. I have been a fan since 1993 but it seems to get harder after each show! Ive been lucky enough that they have been here the last 3 years like clock work.. just 3 times in the last 10 months.....so I'm thinking it might be awhile before I get to see them again!

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Twiddly Dee wrote:Its only been a week since I seen them at Ribfest here in Kansas City and I am going through withdrawal big time ! ! I've been listening to their music all day!! Gonna have to get me another fix and soon! :P :shock: :lol:

Rusty
I haven't hit withdrawal yet. I'm still giddy and buzzing from the KC show and scheming about how to get to the Lake of the Ozarks next month. :)
philipgar wrote:I kind of wonder how the vast majority of the world who have never seen them live manage...
No clue. Poor saps. :(
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

[/quote]I haven't hit withdrawal yet. I'm still giddy and buzzing from the KC show and scheming about how to get to the Lake of the Ozarks next month. :)

I too am plotting and scheming on how to get there. Have you figured out how much the tickets are? I've went to the web site but it says to register? Nothing about prices...argh Then I just have to get my husband to go along... He says he doesn't know if he can take me making googly eyes at Dave again so soon! HAHA :mrgreen:

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

I've passed withdrawal and entered into grudging acceptance of the fact that it could likely be years before i see them again. there's been no new orleans show since a year ago may, and i have no car or any other way to leave new orleans to go see them. soooooooooo.....i make do with paul sanchez, john boutte, kermit ruffins, soul project, m40f, happy talk, and the bingo show.

it's a tough old world, innit.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Twiddly Dee wrote:I too am plotting and scheming on how to get there. Have you figured out how much the tickets are? I've went to the web site but it says to register? Nothing about prices...argh Then I just have to get my husband to go along... He says he doesn't know if he can take me making googly eyes at Dave again so soon! HAHA :mrgreen:
FREE! :D

The site is kind of confusing, so it took me awhile to figure it out.

At the top is a menu item for "Signature Event." That's the bands. Click it and it tells about the event being hosted by Coconut Caribbean Beach Bar and Grill (think I got that right) and tells where said bar is. On that page is a happy face that says "Click here for Schedule of Events" (or something like that). Click it and it shows that the Saturday event is FREE!!!

I think the "register here" part is for people with boats, but those of us who are just going for the music can just show up and enjoy.

I'm still working on the friend I dragged along to Ribfest. She liked the music and said Dave had a cute smile and "boyish charisma." (Duh! :roll: ) If we both go, I can probably afford the trip.

As for your husband, he may have to just suck it up. ;) What red-blooded woman could resist making googly eyes at Dave?
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

FREE!!!! Oh my god thats so worth going to! Yeah it will take about 3 hours and some gas, but thats just alittle more than what we would spend on the tickets. Luckily I know some one that has a place down there that they will let me use whenever. I think I almost have the hubby talked into it. We have been jamming to Times incinerator this holiday weekend. Its the only album he didnt have and he just got it off e-bay for $5! So willm see!

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Twiddly Dee: I'm beginning to feel the first twinges of that withdrawal you've been talking about. If it weren't for the upcoming Lake of the Ozarks show, I'd be in serious trouble.

I'm now 90% certain that I'm going. We're just discussing logistics now (i.e., if we're staying or just going for the day).

But then what will I do? :?