2008 Sep. 20th - Epic Center, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: Epic Center Minneapolis, Mn Sept. 20th 2008

Post by philipgar »

Sometime to Return wrote: The first time I read this I glossed over the word "movie." I immediately started singing The Replacments song..."Can't hardly wait." 8-) 8-)
I agree. With the amount of 'mats material I've been listening to lately (with the reissues just coming out), I definitely think of the song. Of course the movie was named after the song. Personally, I think Heathers is a better Westerberg themed movie.

Phil

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

BUT there's no band wearing their own tshirts in Heathers (i think)
the movie's named after the song? oh i learn so much on here.

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

Can only agree with the previous comments What a show!!

I don't think anyone mentioned at the start of the covers Dave and Tommy swapped positons on stage with Dave taking the bass Tommy taking Daves Guitar which was great fun and something I've never seen the band do before.

The final cover song Rhinestone cowboy they played in full with Daves freind Woody taking his Guitar, I was pleased to hear this again as I love that cover and had only seen them play it once before in Raleigh last year.

As for Daves Jeans even the cameraman was fascenated by them zooming right into them! (The whole show was filmed and shown on a bigscreen any chance of a DVD?)

Great to Meet you again Jamie, see you again sometime in the twin cities hopfully

Hi Brian, yes I remember you just behind us at the show, Glad you enjoyed the show, perhaps see u sometime at another Soul Asylum show in the future!

Andrew

glnurse
Lone Rider

Post by glnurse »

Hi Andrew,
Yes, I think I have a few shots of your head in some of my pics :D
Also, I forgot, but the Johnny Cash cover they played was "Cocaine Blues" not "Folsom prision blues"
Take care all,
Brian