2008 Sep. 27 - Taste of St. Louis, St. Louis, MO

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Re: Sat. Sept. 27; Taste of St. Louis

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Sometime to Return wrote:CLW- We (actually you); need a plan B. Plan B is to call you favorite rental car company (hertz, avis, dollar whomever) and rent a car. You should be able to get a compact car for a reasonable price with unlimited mileage. A compact car should get 30+ mles to a gallon; split the cost with a friend and admission is free. The band needs you there; the fans need you there and you need to be there.

No come on kid; let's go!! :D
Wow! Thanks, Sometime to Return! I really want to go to this show, but I had no idea how important it is. ;)

I'll take Plan B under advisement.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Thanks to my @#%*! car, there's no way I can go to the St. Louis show.

I am heartbroken. :cry:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can make it, Rusty.
Well I hope you can rent a car and go Laura!! Its not looking to good for me either though. I mapquested it and it says 4 1/2 hours (because of construction)...so my son says its out of the question for him, he tends to get car sick if hes in the car for over hour! I need to get him some of that motion sickness stuff. My husband can't go cause he has to work, and my niece is moving into her new house that weekend and wants help! These people are cramping my style!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

Hmmm, what could the solution to both of your dilemmas be? Let me see, two women who live in Kansas City. One wants to go, but doesn't have a car. One wants to go, has a car, but no one to go with. Hmmmm, I'll think about this one and get back to you...

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

lucy wrote:Hmmm, what could the solution to both of your dilemmas be? Let me see, two women who live in Kansas City. One wants to go, but doesn't have a car. One wants to go, has a car, but no one to go with. Hmmmm, I'll think about this one and get back to you...
HA HA...I soo thought the same thing ! ! ! I would totally be game for this, if Laura is..I would just have to figure out how to sneak off for the weekend!

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

Twiddly Dee wrote:
lucy wrote:Hmmm, what could the solution to both of your dilemmas be? Let me see, two women who live in Kansas City. One wants to go, but doesn't have a car. One wants to go, has a car, but no one to go with. Hmmmm, I'll think about this one and get back to you...
HA HA...I soo thought the same thing ! ! ! I would totally be game for this, if Laura is..I would just have to figure out how to sneak off for the weekend!
Aren't you two in different states? Isn't one of you in Kansas and the other in Missouri(I'm going by the information on the side, so correct me if I'm wrong. Plus I'm bad at geography.)?

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

I just looked it up and even though they're in two different states they're right next to each other, right? Now I feel a bit stupid. I'm just glad that I'm taking global history and not geography, though I'll probably need some geographical knowledge. Sorry about that.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

don't feel bad - us northeasterners are brought up to be snobs regarding the rest of the country ... i only figured out that whole same-city-across-two-states thing a few years ago.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

stuck_in_the_90s wrote:I just looked it up and even though they're in two different states they're right next to each other, right? Now I feel a bit stupid. I'm just glad that I'm taking global history and not geography, though I'll probably need some geographical knowledge. Sorry about that.
Yes this does tend to get a bit confusing...Specially when you are reading the paper and it just says Kansas City...and usually they are talking about Missouri, but if you are new to the area alot of the time people think they are talking about Kansas! This has been such a big issue that people in Kansas feel we should change the name...and I have to agree, if they weren't so close it would be alot better. Its kind of funny I live in Kansas City, KS...and work in downtown Kansas City,MO.

Rusty

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Twiddly Dee wrote:
I've been bracing myself for the day when someone finally said, "Hey, genuises, the answer is right in front of you!" I think Sometime to Return might have been hinting at this when he suggested I split the costs with a friend as part of Plan B.

In fact, I was planning to research the costs of Plan B and the logistics of getting around St. Louis. Then, Rusty, I was planning to send you a PM to see what you thought of the idea. Maybe we can work something out.
Sometime to Return wrote:The band needs you there; the fans need you there and you need to be there.
If he's right, maybe the band should just swing by and pick us up on their way to St. Louis! I'll sit in the back and be quiet. I promise not to play with the radio or keep asking if we're there yet. ;)

P.S. Don't feel bad, Nicole. I used to live in another state. Every time I flew back, the travel agent would say, "You'll be flying into KCI Airport in Kansas City, Kansas." The airport is in Missouri. This used to worry me a great deal. :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote: In fact, I was planning to research the costs of Plan B and the logistics of getting around St. Louis. Then, Rusty, I was planning to send you a PM to see what you thought of the idea. Maybe we can work something out.
I hope we can..I had thought it, just didn't know how to approach the subject, so Im glad Lucy brought it up.. My car runs good, I've never had any problems with it(knocks on wood), and we made it the Ozarks and back in it. So we could split the cost of gas, my only concern is the hotel situation, will it be hard for us to get rooms reserved? I don't know how big of an event this is down there and if it will cause us any problems. My plan was to drive down Sat. morning to beat some of the traffic, and then stay the nite Sat. and leave early Sunday morning. Let me know what your plans are and hopefully we can find a happy medium!