Hanging out with SA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
itta_asylum
Marionette

Hanging out with SA

Post by itta_asylum »

The day that SA arrived i was waiting for them at the lobby (i stayed in the same hotel) and Dave was really great even though he was really tired he introduce me to the band and had a litlle chat with me. In the afternoon they had a press conference where they performed an acoustic show with lately, Black gold and Runaway and they sign my t-shirt and my friend's shirt. At night we had dinner with Dan and Michael and then Dave showed up with George, Tommy and Benny and we had a little sort of salsa dance with Dave lol he was trying to chow me where he wanted to go and what show he wanted to see lol he's so funny and great! Then we went to somebody's house and eat dinner at midnight and then just hang out on george's room in the hotel! it was just espectacular! the best thing it could ever happen to me! The only thing, is that i would have loved to take some beers with them cause i wanted to be waisted! jajaj But since i'm pregnant i couldn't. I wanted that Dave sang to me the part of "walk you home you're wasted... i can almost taste it" lol but it seems it was the other way around i walked him home lol.. Then on the concert he said thanks you to Carla and friends for showing up! and then at "runaway train" he told me "this one's for you" and pointed at me!!! it was glory it's like i've died and came to life again!!! I can't explain to you how i feel! For all of you who don't know them, don't ever loose your hope cause i've waited 14 years for this and it was totally worth it!
And Benny, was just great he's such a nice guy! without him nothing of this would have been posible!

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Re: Hanging out with SA

Post by Twiddly Dee »

I'm so very very jealous!! I've already said the next time I get to be anywhere near them, I have got to have a beer or two..otherwise I just freeze up!

Salsa dancing Dave, what a sight that would have been to see! :mrgreen:

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

This is without a doubt the best post ever :) What a wonderful time you had!

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Oh, this is even greater post! I'm happy you enjoyed spending time with the guys as well as enjoyed their concert!
itta_asylum wrote:For all of you who don't know them, don't ever loose your hope cause i've waited 14 years for this and it was totally worth it!
Thank you for giving me, as well as others, hope, itta_asylum. Yes, I would gladly wait for Soul Asylum even if I can't meet them personally. A live show would be enough for me!
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

WOW!! I've had a few (very breif) special Dave moments of my own, so I kinda understand that "no words to explain it" feeling. It's a very special experience when your hero makes an effort to let you know how much they appreciate your loyal support for the band. But I have to admit I'm a bit envious of you, getting to spend so much time with them, just hanging out for hours in a social setting. But I'm also very happy for you that you did get this exceptional experience to treasure forever. I'm glad that it happened to an ETSA cult member rather than some random fan who just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Thank you, Soul Asylum, for giving this great fan a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

dells

mad_soul
Inmate

Post by mad_soul »

Those days were definitely the happiest days of my whole life… laughing and crying at the same time… I just couldn’t believe that I was actually LIVING that moment and no dreaming it!!!!!
I had the privilege to hang out with Carla (Itta) and the guys… and I really want to thank her for inviting me!!!!!
You’re a great person, Carla =o)

Madelaine

carolp
Stranger

Post by carolp »

Wow! itta_asylum, you're really lucky, but I guess you know that :mrgreen:

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Wow! What a great experience. That sounds like so much fun! Thanks for sharing your story with us.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Aw, I'm so jealous! Oh well, I'm glad you had fun! :)