2007 Oct. 26th - House of Blues, Orlando, FL

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
EFISH
Runaway

2007 Oct. 26th - House of Blues, Orlando, FL

Post by EFISH »

Hey guys. Gonna be at this show and was just wandering who else is going... and also if Tommy is going to be playing bass for this show? He played a few of the shows last month but wasn't at the show I was at.

2 weeks till the show!

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

I'll be there! Looking forward to it.

I'm pretty sure George will be on bass.

norma023
O'Jeezer

House of Blues, Orlando FL show.

Post by norma023 »

wish I could go to this one, especially since I've never been to Florida
before.

oh well, maybe next time
I'll be there! Looking forward to it.
I'm pretty sure George will be on bass.
Last edited by norma023 on Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

matrok
Runaway

Post by matrok »

My wife and I plan to be there if all goes well.

EFISH
Runaway

Post by EFISH »

Tomorrow's the show! I'm so excited. I'm driving up there early tomorrow, it takes a good 4-5 hours from here. Cyall there!

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

The show was awesome and there were quite a few serious fans - including someone who saw them for the first time back in 1986! And there were lots of very nice people that I enjoyed meeting.

The set was pretty consistent with what they've been playing, with a few minor variations. They did "Closer to the Stars," which made me very, very happy. They also did "Blue Suede Shoes" again, and Dave was apparently very much in an Elvis mood because he also broke into "My Babe" a couple of times.

Another interesting variation... Dave messed up his pirate joke. Well, I think he messed it up accidentally at first and then he messed it up on purpose, so it ended up going a little something like this:

A pirate walks into a bar and he's got a steering wheel stuffed down the front of his pants.
The bartender says "What'll you have?"
And he answers,"The Aristocrats"

(He told it the corect way afterward.)

And Danny told one as well that I got a kick out of:

A girl walks itno a bar.
She says "I'll have a double entendre."
So he gave it to her.

Benny and George (guitar tech) joined as usual for "Stand Up and Be Strong," but one thing that I have never seen happen before -- Dave gave his telecaster to a fan to play. He actually handed it down into the audience. It was pretty cool.

And as always, they were gracious as could be after the show.

Thanks Pat for making the trip! It was a blast.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Post by pathorses »

Thank you, Judith, for making the trip as well!!! I've tried posting a response several times so I hope this isn't redundant. I had such a great time!!!!! I'm too tired to add anything at this point but the entire night was amazing........I love this band!

Miss Fitt 2 wrote:The show was awesome and there were quite a few serious fans - including someone who saw them for the first time back in 1986! And there were lots of very nice people that I enjoyed meeting.

The set was pretty consistent with what they've been playing, with a few minor variations. They did "Closer to the Stars," which made me very, very happy. They also did "Blue Suede Shoes" again, and Dave was apparently very much in an Elvis mood because he also broke into "My Babe" a couple of times.

Another interesting variation... Dave messed up his pirate joke. Well, I think he messed it up accidentally at first and then he messed it up on purpose, so it ended up going a little something like this:

A pirate walks into a bar and he's got a steering wheel stuffed down the front of his pants.
And he answers,"The Aristocrats"

(He told it the corect way afterward.)

And Danny told one as well that I got a kick out of:

A girl walks itno a bar.
She says "I'll have a double entendre."
So he gave it to her.

Benny and George (guitar tech) joined as usual for "Stand Up and Be Strong," but one thing that I have never seen happen before -- Dave gave his telecaster to a fan to play. He actually handed it down into the audience. It was pretty cool.

And as always, they were gracious as could be after the show.

Thanks Pat for making the trip! It was a blast.

EFISH
Runaway

Post by EFISH »

This show was so fucking awesome! Not much to be said that you guys haven't covered but WOW... my head's still buzzin' from it. It seemed alot of the folks there were big fans which made it really cool. The band was in the best mood I've ever seen 'em in. And yeah, I wasn't in that photoo... sure makes me regret not hanging out there after the show though! Can't wait to do it again next time they come down to FL. :D

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

EFISH wrote:This show was so fucking awesome! Not much to be said that you guys haven't covered but WOW... my head's still buzzin' from it. It seemed alot of the folks there were big fans which made it really cool. The band was in the best mood I've ever seen 'em in. And yeah, I wasn't in that photoo... sure makes me regret not hanging out there after the show though! Can't wait to do it again next time they come down to FL. :D
I agree that the crowds at recent shows have been awesome! While I've only seen the band in the midwest in the past 3 years, the crowd is just totally into it. Between gigs in Milwaukee, Chicago area, and Minneapolis it seems that the front rows are all people I recognize now.

I think the new album really got back a lot of older fans, and possibly picked them up new ones, but it seems that shows 5 years ago just didn't have the same crowd participation. I find it really awesome on some of the new songs when the crowd starts singing along. You can really tell that Dave is just loving that. It's one thing for the crowd to sing along to Misery, or one of the other MTV hit songs, but when it's a song that someone has to go out of their way to know, it really says a lot.

I've just noticed more and more this feeling of solidarity in the crowd, and while part of it is having the fan club members up front, a lot is just the atmosphere in general.

Phil

lucy
Social Butterfly

House of Blues show photos

Post by lucy »

I sent an email to a Rock For the Cure guy I found on myspace right after the show asking if there were going to photos posted online (because no cameras were allowed but there was a Rock for the Cure guy taking some) He finally responded and there are some good ones at:

http://www.rockpink.com/index.html

I'm very pleased you can see the Aquaman t-shirt!