2008 Dec. 19th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
shizzle
Stranger

Re: Friday December 19th, 2008... 1st Avenue

Post by shizzle »

Thank goodness New Orleans got snow last Thursday and hopefully it's done. If that snow would've been a week later, it might've kept Dave from getting to Mn for First Ave. It closed down their airport and travel was tough down there for awhile. Counting my blessings here!

LyndaleExile
Marionette

Post by LyndaleExile »

I'll be a no-show at tomorrow. I'm choosing to skip out on the guys in favor of spending time with friends and family (people I haven't seen for 6 months to a year).

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

For those of you traveling in from other states for the show:

Tomorrow's forecast - snow, starting after midnight tonight (and making the rush hour tomorrow morning a mess). Could get anywhere from 2-4", with southeastern MN/northern Iowa getting more, like 6+ . The band of clouds are reaching out through/to the Quad City region as well. So for you driving from places like Chicago, it could be ugly just to warn ya.

Then when this storm passes, another one is on it's heals coming right after it, then another after that. Three storms in the next 5 days is what they are saying.

Drive safely goes out to anyone driving long distances, and please pack emergency supplies in the car (extra blankets, candles etc)!!
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Thanks,

watching the storm too. :roll:

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

When we left Thursday afternoon, I knew about the possibility of snow Thursday night, but didn't see anything yet about the 2nd system.

If I had, I'd probably have listened to the logical part of my brain and stayed home.

However, I decided to go ahead and proceed to Fargo, with the plan to decide Friday am if we should continue on, or tuck tail and head back home.

THEN.... while gassing up in Jamestown, I was tolorating the roadtrip very well, and got the brillent idea of beating the snow by just skipping Fargo and continuing on to the cities if my Hotel had availability to modify our reservation to arrive Thursday instead of Friday. My drivers approved of continueing on, and the hotel had availability, so atm, we're happily camped out in our room here in the cities, it's 1:10 am, and as we arrived, just a few flakes started falling, so hopefully the rest of the forcast whimps out like tonight's storm did. We may end up stranded in the cities if we do get lots of snow dumped on us Friday through Saturday, but we made it here, and my stress level is finally calm. I'm refusing to even think about the possibility of the show being cancelled due to weather.

bedtime....

dells

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Glad you made it safely dells...and I hope everyone else who is venturing there does also!!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

I just got grounded in Corning/Elmira. We're being walloped by snow and all flights are cancelled. Can't believe I'm going to miss the holiday show! :cry:
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Phew! So glad you got there safely Dells. Now I just hope that everyone else who's coming in from out of town gets there safely. (Knock on wood!)

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Ohhh that sux...Judith!!! :( You don't have any other options at this time, do you, to get to Minneapolis? Don't think it would be safe to rent a car and start driving, though. Where exactly is Corning/Elmira?

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

sayeeda wrote: Where exactly is Corning/Elmira?
New York State, not far from the Pennsylvania border. The closest mid-sized city is Ithaca. It's pretty much the middle of nowhere. I moved here from Boston last year for work. It's definitely interfered with my ability to travel -- and more importantly, my ability to get to as many SA shows as I used to!

I hope everyone else gets to the show safely and has a wonderful time. I don't know if I'm going to want to read the show reports, though. They might break my heart!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden