2008 Dec. 19th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Re: Friday December 19th, 2008... 1st Avenue

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

I'll be there! And I'd love to hear Black Star...

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Sometime to Return wrote:Because I am a :geek: or a :ugeek:; I reviewed last year’s set list. At the time; Cruel intentions, Candy from a stranger, Easy street, Grounded, String of Pearls, New world, Keep it up, Tied to the tracks and the great Passing sad daydream (awesome song), would be considered “surprises.”

The staples will be played; but what “surprises” would you like to hear this year?

I’d like to hear some from this list. Veil of tears, Sometime to return, I did my best, Marionette, Passing sad daydream, Long way home, Miracle mile, Stranger or Dragging me down.

Is Tommy talented enough to learn/ handle the bass lines? :P :P
Or; can Dave remember the lyrics? :shock: Maybe he can write them down. :P :P
no surprises. . . .keep it a plain normal show, and then just make some other show (that I can actually make) a surprise. . . . Some of us tend to hate reading about that stuff.... No names mentioned :).

Phil

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

philipgar wrote:
Sometime to Return wrote:Because I am a :geek: or a :ugeek:; I reviewed last year’s set list. At the time; Cruel intentions, Candy from a stranger, Easy street, Grounded, String of Pearls, New world, Keep it up, Tied to the tracks and the great Passing sad daydream (awesome song), would be considered “surprises.”

The staples will be played; but what “surprises” would you like to hear this year?

I’d like to hear some from this list. Veil of tears, Sometime to return, I did my best, Marionette, Passing sad daydream, Long way home, Miracle mile, Stranger or Dragging me down.

Is Tommy talented enough to learn/ handle the bass lines? :P :P
Or; can Dave remember the lyrics? :shock: Maybe he can write them down. :P :P
no surprises. . . .keep it a plain normal show, and then just make some other show (that I can actually make) a surprise. . . . Some of us tend to hate reading about that stuff.... No names mentioned :).

Phil

Bah, Humbug on you, Phil, There's no valid reason to wish dissappointment to those of us that will be there.

Due to pesky work obligations during the years prior to becoming medically "retired", This will be the first Holiday show I'll have been able to get to (desperately hoping that my brother's pesky work obligations don't prevent him from being available to drive me there). I'll be deleriously estatic if Nice Guys managed to show up in this year's setlist, but I'd be satisfied if any surprises put in an appearance to make the show special. History indicates that the holiday hometown shows have the best odds of including something special.

I agree that it is a bummer (that I missed it) to read about a setlist that had special appearances in it after the fact, but after bumming out about missing it myself, I am still happy to see that special songs are dusted off and brought out to play occassionally, because as long as they still do that somewhat regularly, it means improved odds of getting an easter egg at a show that I CAN make it to.

dells

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

PROMISESBROKEN wrote:I'll be there! And I'd love to hear Black Star...

Tracy
Hey Tracy it's Scott! The "other" Traci and I will be trekkin gup from the Chicagoland area for this show as well. We may even hit the Iowa show on the way back. We'll say hi!
See You Later

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Rebel Yell5 wrote:Hey Tracy it's Scott! The "other" Traci and I will be trekkin gup from the Chicagoland area for this show as well. We may even hit the Iowa show on the way back. We'll say hi!
Hey, Scott! Very cool that you and Traci are making it up here again! Look forward to seeing you two! Look for me with Kelly, her daughter Celia, and probably Kaily, too. Hope you guys have a safe drive!
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

PROMISESBROKEN wrote:
Rebel Yell5 wrote:Hey Tracy it's Scott! The "other" Traci and I will be trekkin gup from the Chicagoland area for this show as well. We may even hit the Iowa show on the way back. We'll say hi!
Hey, Scott! Very cool that you and Traci are making it up here again! Look forward to seeing you two! Look for me with Kelly, her daughter Celia, and probably Kaily, too. Hope you guys have a safe drive!

Thanks! We will be safe and we will be on the lookout for you all! Take care see ya next week!
See You Later

dells
Social Butterfly

Post by dells »

dang, I'm going to have to explore the possibility of traveling via train at some point in the future, to see if taking the train from Williston, ND to Minneapolis for a show might be something I could physically handle, and manage solo (I'm disabled now). If I could deal with a regular coach seat for the 12 hr trip, it's not a bad price at all. But the train station is way over in St. Paul, so I'd have to research the cheapest way to get around once there.

I wish I'd thought of Amtrak weeks ago when I was checking airfairs. Now it's too close to the show's date and the train is sold out. :(

dells

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Dells;

If you get to Saint Paul or Minneapolis; I will personally get you to the show. And; If you need a place to crash, We have room for ya.

I don't know if the show is sold out yet; but Craiglists has tickets. PM me if I can help further. Cheers!!

Jamie
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

dells
Social Butterfly

Post by dells »

Sometime to Return wrote:Dells;

If you get to Saint Paul or Minneapolis; I will personally get you to the show. And; If you need a place to crash, We have room for ya.

I don't know if the show is sold out yet; but Craiglists has tickets. PM me if I can help further. Cheers!!

Jamie

wow, Thanks for your generous offer, Jamie! Actually I'm all set for the First Avenue show. Our tickets arrived a long time ago, and our hotels are booked.

My only concerns are about actually getting to town. I can no longer drive due to my stroke-caused disability, so I have to depend on my brother being able to take the 18th and 19th off from work so he can drive us there. And the winter weather is another concern. It's a very long drive from southwestern North Dakota, so if Freezing rain or snow makes the road conditions dangerous, that may keep us grounded at home, which would seriously suck.

I had checked airfare from Bismarck, ND back when I ordered the concert tickets, but at over $600 per person, I couldn't afford to fly just me, let alone me and a travel assisstant.

If I'd considered taking the train from Williston earlier, I "might" have figured out a way to swing it for me and 1 travel assisstantat the 14-day advance fare, but the train isn't an option any more because it's sold out.

dells

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Dells, Safe travels.

But it sounds like you need a back up plan juuuuusssttt in case. Check with a bus company (Greyhound)??).
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.