2008 Dec. 19th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Re: Friday December 19th, 2008... 1st Avenue

Post by dells »

Now that I've already posted that the show was great, and about all the things I thought were special about it, I have to admit that I was actually a tiny bit disappointed that Dave didn't seem to be his usual unrestrained self on Friday, which seemed odd, because he was clearly enjoying himself, smiling throughout the show, and was pleased at the crowd's singing along to several songs. (He was already smiling, but his eyes lit up whenever he stopped his own singing so he could hear the crowd.)

Maybe Dave simply wasn't drunk enough to lose his inhibitions and really let himself go?

Maybe my feeling of Dave being "off" has more to do with me being a bit distracted, having to pay attention to my disability enough to make sure that I kept my balance and didn't fall with my rocking out, so wasn't able to keep my eyes glued to Dave every second of the show like I usually do?

Did I simply miss Dave's footwork during Trace because the moniters were in the way? Or did he not do it?

But at the same time, I keep telling myself that even if Dave was a bit mellower than I'm used too, he was still awesome, and the show was still worth the trip. Maybe I was just trying too hard to experience it and kind of "couldn't see the forest for the trees"?
Basically, I simply need more shows so I can figure out how to get the most out of the experience now that I'm not 100% anymore, right?

I was also a bit distracted thinking about why Dave wasn't his normal self, so I feel that Imy distractions interferred with being able to fully enjoy all that was "right" and special about the show. For heaven's sake, I didn't even react (at the time)to the specialness of hearing Never Really Been, (although I know I sang along to it, so I certainly was aware of what they were playing). Maybe I'd just started to EXPECT every next song to be something special, so the impact was lessened?

I had to get those thoughts off my chest and bounce them off the other ppl who were there, but I want to reiterate that even with my distractions and minor dissappointment, I still totally loved the show, and want another one ASAP. In fact, my minor disappoinment just makes me want to see them again, several times, to iron out whatever impaired my experience.

dells

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Alright, I just posted my photos, about 70 in all, starting at http://www.yazcountry.com/rob/concerts/SA2008-1.html.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

Yes, that was me! There were two people who asked if they could take a picture of that setlist I had. I should have been charging ppl for that! :D

Dells, what a heck of a drive home you had! Good to hear that accident was not major of any sort and you were still able to continue on home !!

Hard to comment on your experience though. If I were to guess I'd say your expectations were set too high and the band didn't quite deliver that. So yes, I think you need some more shows under your belt. :D

Oh, thanks goes to the poster of those youtube video links, those are awesome!
PROMISESBROKEN wrote:So I thought I saw you holding a setlist or lyrics at the end of the show. Might that have been you? If so, beware, I now know what you like and may actually say hi next time! ;)
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Yaz McBoo wrote:Alright, I just posted my photos, about 70 in all, starting at http://www.yazcountry.com/rob/concerts/SA2008-1.html.
Rob, Thank you so much for sharing your photos. Since you were standing right next to me, your pics are of my own vantage point too, to they are especially sweet, to me. :)

You and your camera did a really good job, in spite of that brutal backlighting. Great pics!

dells

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Thanks Dells, glad you liked them, and that you got home safely too, in the end! I agree, the lighting was weird - maybe it looks better from way back in the crowd, but I'm not sure as I always try to get up front.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Yaz McBoo wrote:Alright, I just posted my photos, about 70 in all, starting at http://www.yazcountry.com/rob/concerts/SA2008-1.html.
Thanks alot Rob of sharing all the great pics!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Awesome pics, Rob! Thanks!
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

MetromixTwinCities
Brand New Shine

Post by MetromixTwinCities »

Hello All,

Thought you'd like to see our photo gallery from the show at First Ave.

Here's a direct link: http://twincities.metromix.com/events/p ... 09/content

Enjoy!
The crew at Metromix Twin Cities
http://www.metromix.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Thank you a million times over for posting your show reviews and links to your pics and videos! :D They all came out great! This is the closest I'll get to a Holiday Show and for now, this has to be enough, so I really appreciate your posts.

Happy holidays everyone!!!

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

3B3XA
Brand New Shine

Post by 3B3XA »

Did the audio from this show get recorded?

i have a bunch of videos that i want to post, but my audio is really distorted.

cant wait til the next show!