Will Soul Asylum ever come to The Netherlands?

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Ozzy77
Lone Rider

Will Soul Asylum ever come to The Netherlands?

Post by Ozzy77 »

I'm a Soul Asylum fan from the Netherlands. My question is: Will Dave and the gang do a clubtour in Holland in the
near future? Or is it financially not attractive?
Soul Asylum is a band I'd love too see live and there are enough clubs in Holland they can easily sell out. What do you think, should they do an European clubtour or not?

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Re: Will Soul Asylum ever come to The Netherlands?

Post by OneLovedBand »

I don't know if they will play Holland. Right now I am not aware of any Soul Asylum tour dates anywhere at all. I hope you get to see them!

Ozzy77
Lone Rider

Post by Ozzy77 »

I hope so too.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Dave has been talking in interviews about trying to get to Europe, but I don't know if it will happen. They had a show in London and Brussels lined up about 6 years ago but they cancelled them at the last minute. I think it's probably because they didn't sell a lot of tickets. The fact that they haven't toured Europe since the mid 90s and people really only know them for Runaway Train makes it probably hard to sell tickets for even very small clubs I'm afraid. Even in the States they are playing small places most of the time and not selling out, so you can imagine how hard it must be in a continent that they have been neglecting for twenty years.

EyeSeeYou
Caged Rat

Post by EyeSeeYou »

SA could easily be part of a festival if the promotors doubt they could sell enough tickets on their own. I mean, there are so many irrelevant and less talented artists included in tons of festival line-ups out there that it's mind-blowing how a band of the caliber of SA isn't getting any offers.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

EyeSeeYou wrote:SA could easily be part of a festival if the promotors doubt they could sell enough tickets on their own. I mean, there are so many irrelevant and less talented artists included in tons of festival line-ups out there that it's mind-blowing how a band of the caliber of SA isn't getting any offers.
Maybe some 90s nostalgic festival. I can't imagine them playing at some of the bigger more famous festivals around Europe. Festivals only book bands that draw huge crowds, and most people don't even know Soul Asylum. They haven't played in Europe in twenty years and barely sold any records, so it's not strange that they are not getting any offers from festivals. Even in their home country they have to play embarrassing Rib festivals so it's obvious that elsewhere they're not getting offers at all. It has nothing to do with talent.

EyeSeeYou
Caged Rat

Post by EyeSeeYou »

That's true; however, don't you think that they could very well be placed on the first slots of a 50-something-band linup fest...? Not even early at midday?

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

It really depends on the kind of festival and how big it is. I would love to see them at some of the real big festivals around here, Reading, Roskilde, Glastonbury, Rock Am Ring, you name them... those are the type of festivals they played in the mid 90s, but there's no way they could ever play there now because hardly anyone remembers them... they are forgotten by most people and it's not like they were ever ''huge'' anyway. But there are some smaller ''revival of the 90s'' type of festivals where I suppose they could be playing just by their Runaway Train fame, but then it's time for them to come here and start playing clubs to make a name for themselves again, but like we've been talking about... that's not easy, and seeing as this band is more a part-time thing for Dave now, I don't see that happening.