2007 Nov. 3rd - Guinness Oyster Festival, Atlanta, GA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

2007 Nov. 3rd - Guinness Oyster Festival, Atlanta, GA

Post by no1rockfan »

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

awesome, you get a local show for once (don't you?) !!

Think you can afford that ticket price?
:o

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Thanks for the tip, Gail! This show is now on the front page.

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

norma023 wrote:awesome, you get a local show for once (don't you?) !!

Think you can afford that ticket price?
:o
Haha, I wasn't sure when they'd get back to Atlanta. Last shows were '98 and '03. In '03 they had big competition across town with The White Stripes playing. But Dave and the guys still did an awesome show!

And thank you to Guinness for such a cheap show. Hopefully it will get lots of people out, especially sponsored by a radio station as well. :D

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Anyone else coming to this show? Pat, wanna join us? It's a lot closer than Florida.

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Post by pathorses »

no1rockfan wrote:Anyone else coming to this show? Pat, wanna join us? It's a lot closer than Florida.
I don't know what's up because I posted a reply to this much earlier but it's not here........I'm also showing up as a "visitor"???

Hey Gail, I'm still not sure about this weekend. Since I just got laid off I'm trying to be frugal, especially after going to Florida. It was so worth it, though....I'll let you know if I can figure out a way to come. Hope so!

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

pathorses wrote:
no1rockfan wrote:Anyone else coming to this show? Pat, wanna join us? It's a lot closer than Florida.
I don't know what's up because I posted a reply to this much earlier but it's not here........I'm also showing up as a "visitor"???

Hey Gail, I'm still not sure about this weekend. Since I just got laid off I'm trying to be frugal, especially after going to Florida. It was so worth it, though....I'll let you know if I can figure out a way to come. Hope so!
Get yourself over here on Saturday and I'll give you a ticket and a place to sleep. Unfortunately, it's 21 and up or I'd invite Paul too. If you want to bring a friend, let me know and I'll get another ticket. Does that sweeten the deal?

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Hi, fellow fans! I had a great night tonight.

First of all, during the Lemonheads set, Evan Dando behaved himself on stage, but was typically anti-social off stage. They played probably 15 or more songs.

After The Lemonheads set, I waved to Dave. He came over and said hi to me after some coaxing, then gave me an autograph on my "Liner Notes" book and took a picture with me. He was nice as usual, but said we had to do it fast, so I didn't hold him up. A couple of other people got autographs and photos.

About 20 minutes later, Soul Asylum took the stage with George on bass and did a fantastic set, even though Dave had some guitar issues. Both electric guitars had problems about half way through, but seemed to get sorted out later in the show. There were 20 songs total if you count the short "Silly Love Songs."

Here's the set list.

Somebody to Shove
All is Well
See Ya Later
Misery/Silly Love Songs
Lately
Black Gold
Without a Trace
Runaway Train
Cartoon
Gone 'Til November (not on band set list)
Sometime To Return
Whatcha Need
Oxygen
Bittersweet Heart
Never Really Been
Closer To The Stars
Bus Named Desire
Just Like Anyone

Stand Up and Be Strong

The crowd chanted "More Soul Asylum" for quite a few minutes, but no return due to time limit by park or radio station sponsor. :(

Like I said, it was a good show! Dave was watching The Lemonheads for a while, and Evan watched Soul Asylum for a couple of songs. When Evan went up on stage with Soul Asylum, he had Dave's acoustic guitar but had problems hearing it or knowing the chords. After a while, without stopping the song, Dave and Evan switched and that seemed to help out a bit.

I got a couple of videos to put up on youtube...part of Misery and Silly Love Songs, and Oxygen. I would have taken more, but my camera battery was getting low and I didn't want to miss photos later in the set. I took a small clip of "Never Really Been" and Dave changed the date from 1993 to 2023. :lol:

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Misery Silly Love Songs Lately is up on youtube. Search for it and I'll post the link here later. Oxygen is beinb uploaded right now. Search for "Soul Asylum Oysterfest Atlanta" because that's what each is labeled at the beginning.

Later!
Gail

Here's the links. Oxygen: http://www.youtube.com/v/pZfKzARwoYQ

Misery Silly Love Songs Lately: http://www.youtube.com/watch