2009 announced Tour Dates

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: 2009 announced Tour Dates

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Thanks; I added it to the front page and the shows page.

Since we now have a dedicated section for shows on the site, I think I'd be best to just list the next 5 upcoming shows on the front page (as to not overcrowd the front page; last year we had 8). The next 5 shows and all subsequent ones will be listed on the shows page. Once a show has performed I'll add it to the archive and add the next one in queue to the front page.

You'll still have quick access to all the upcoming shows (and archive) by clicking on the "More Shows" link from the front page.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Good idea Jim. Shows coming up at the end of the year aren't technically 'upcoming'; only those that month and the next couple of months, at most, can be considered upcoming and be listed as such. Not just my opinion but also taking the definitions of 'upcoming' from the Merriam Webster and Oxford English Dictionary into consideration. :P

As for the October show....hmmm. It makes the total 5, but it's not even upcoming...it's later in the year. So, IDK. :-?

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
Since we now have a dedicated section for shows on the site, I think I'd be best to just list the next 5 upcoming shows on the front page (as to not overcrowd the front page; last year we had 8). The next 5 shows and all subsequent ones will be listed on the shows page. Once a show has performed I'll add it to the archive and add the next one in queue to the front page.

You'll still have quick access to all the upcoming shows (and archive) by clicking on the "More Shows" link from the front page.
sounds ok to me.
i'll change my link to the 'more shows' page instead of the homepage... i like to check out if any new shows were added first thing when i come to the site and if it doesn't make the next5 list i'd miss it on the homepage.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

ticketmaster is showing a new show, first post has been updated

Soul Asylum
Aug 27th Thursday
DTE Energy Music Theatre
Clarkston, MI
07:00 PM
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Just checked Pollstar...

October 1, 2009
Nashville, TN @ the Wildhorse Saloon

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

yeah I had seen that show posted about 4 days ago on Pollstar (or I think that was the site). But when I went re-looking for it afterwards, I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the post!
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

First Avenue- December 18th

I hope I can make it this year!!!

(What? I check Pollstar once every day.)

Moto Geek
Inmate

Post by Moto Geek »

Oh Yeah! Nothing better than a 1st Avenue show!
"Standing in the sun with a popsicle - everything is possible!"

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

As I spend yet another 72 degree day here in the good ol' Twin Cities wondering if I'll ever actually get to use my outdoor pool pass this very chilly summer, I can now honestly say I'm looking forward to December! :shock:
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Since alot of you go to the First Ave. show ...Laura and I are going to try and go this year..its up in the air right now, but I want to get our ducks in a row so if we are able to go we wont be scrambling to get things together. So if any of you have some tips for us that would be great...say closest hotels to First Ave. and what not..we would greatly appreciate them!

Thanks,
The Traveling Sisterhood of the Holey Jeans

P.S. Meg...you still plan on going this year?
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more