2009 announced Tour Dates

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Sandrine
Marionette

Re: 2009 announced Tour Dates

Post by Sandrine »

Yes for Upland!!

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

What happened to the Landshark Oysterfest? It's still listed on their myspace but why was it taken off from here?

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

sayeeda wrote:What happened to the Landshark Oysterfest? It's still listed on their myspace but why was it taken off from here?
i'm not sure but i ddin't think i ever saw it posted on this site yet. maybe it just hasn't gotten put up yet? hopefully it's still on since teh myspace page says so and the event page http://www.chicagoevents.com/event.cfm?eid=119

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Interesting. I could've sworn that I saw it listed on the front page! Maybe for a limited time, it was? Anyway it's on (or back). What with only two weeks to go (at the time) I thought it highly unusual it wasn't listed yet. :P

Soooooo, who on here is going? Not having the option of an SA concert to go to, I do the only thing I can, experience them vicariously through you folks. ;)

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i'm just expanding this thread for 2010

anyways, pollstar has a new show listed:

Friday 7/16/2010 Appearing at "Rock Fest" Cadott, WI Chippewa Valley Festival Grounds.

the rockfest website doesn't have the 2010 linup listed yet (the 2009 stuff is on there now)

but here it is to check for more details later - hope you WI -local-folks can make it.

http://www.rock-fest.com/

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Thanks!

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Doesn't the Dec 28th Dave Pirner & The Volunteers show at the Cabooze rate inclusion in the list of shows? It does in my opinion! If Danny walks onstage like he did at the 2005 Nye's DP&V show it could essentially turn into a Soul Asylum show, but even if he doesn't, a Dave Pirner show is pretty much a must-see.

dells

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

The Volunteers flier on the website is from 2 years ago, not for 2009. And Danny did get up and play with the opening band. One of the best shows I've ever seen.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Ah!!! Thanks for clearing that up! I didn't know about the show a couple years ago, and the flyer doesn't include the year. Since the Dave Pirner & the Volunteers website was just recently announced and displays that flyer upon loading, it's easy to think it's a 2009 show. I wonder why the site is prominantly displaying an old flyer?

Sorry for posting an obsolete date.

dells

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

so, as the year 2009 is now done and over with, I am counting less than 20 shows the boys did that year. Doesn't seem like a lot to me, but then, I'm not complaining either !!
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over