2009 Jan, 15th - Gran Parque de la Exposición, Lima, Perú

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
crawl
Social Butterfly

Re: SOUL ASYLUM en LIma ( Club de fans en Perú )

Post by crawl »

Wish I could come play too!! Querido juego tambien. Any possibility that is correct? It has been a long time. Have fun all!

Alex
Stranger

Post by Alex »

Hola madelaine:

Que bueno que te animes a venir a Peru a ver el concierto de Soul Asylum. Si quieres contactar conmigo por messenger o escribirme un correo para ayudarte durante tu estadia aqui en Peru me puedes encontrar en el messenger o en mi correo izopo21@hotmail.com.

Alex
Stranger

Post by Alex »

Si, señores hoy llega Soul ASylum a Peru. Estare esperandolos en el aeropuerto haber si logro conseguir un autografo. Estare colgando fotos posteriormente de su llegada a Lima.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

hot off the press, with photo's !!!

http://www.terra.com.pe/terrastereo/art ... us4788.htm
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

oooh those 'fotos' are muy fatastico.
dave's hair is getting looonger. :)
i think i understood 80% of the spanish.

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Post by pathorses »

You guys enjoy the show! Let us know how great it is!
Pat

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Here's the article in English:

The band Soul Asylum is already in Lima to do the first rock concert of the year, tomorrow in el Parque de la Exposicion, with the local groups Zen and Autobus. Dave Pirner and Dan Murphy, the founding members of the group, promised a “hot encounter” with their local fans, indicating that their sound “is more [effective] than ever,” .

Originating in Minnesota (USA), the musicians said that the unique thing in our country is the history of the Incas, but said they would learn more about Peru in the few hours during their stay in Lima. “We know details about the Incas, and today we found out that the sea of Peru is one of the prettiest in the world.” said a good-nautured Pirner to the local press.

Inspired by artists like The Clash, The Ramones, and Alice Cooper, Soul Asylum escapes their stigma as a one hit wonder, pointing out that their successes like Runaway Train and Misery [word found to be un-translatable] their new songs and new members feel that their new work has a sound that’s more [effective] than in their golden years.

Comprising of Dave Pirner, Dan Murphy, Michael Bland, and Tommy Stinson, Soul Asylum no longer cares about selling CD’s, despite winning a Grammy and selling two platinum albums; now they want to play as many concerts as possible. “It’s more important to play live, the earnings are for the record companies,” they said.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Good interview....I especially like the part where they say they want to play as many concerts as possible!! If they play we will come!! It goes to show just how much they really love playing!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Twiddly Dee wrote:Good interview....I especially like the part where they say they want to play as many concerts as possible!! If they play we will come!! It goes to show just how much they really love playing!
Oh, I hope they like traveling as much as playing! I mean, we already know how Soul Asylum loves to play live (because they're so good at it, in fact they're one of the best BAM), but the traveling part is a different thing, and for most, a difficult one to enjoy...

Sending a subliminal message for an Asian tour here!
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Not even 5 hours after the concert and already there are some clips of the Lima show up on YouTube. I was gonna post links but at the moment of writing this, it looks like a huge number of fans are staying up late and uploading them in by the handful. :D

I'll just post a link to the most recently added ones:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... e_uploaded

By the looks of it I don't think they've played in front of a crowd this large since they toured with Matchbox 20 and Semisonic around the time Candy From a Stranger came out, or possibly even earlier. It looked like an awesome show (though I wouldn't expect it not to be). Hope a great time was had by all; looking forward to watching the videos and reading any reviews. :)

Looks like a good time for an update to video of the moment on the front page.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com