2009 Jan, 15th - Gran Parque de la Exposición, Lima, Perú

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Re: Peru

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I second Pittsburgh if it's on a weekend.

NYC if it's on a weekend.

Capital region of New York would be nice too.

nadiasoul

Re: Peru

Post by nadiasoul »

come to Mexico please!!!!! you can stay in my house !! jajaja

Alex
Stranger

Video Soul Asylum en Lima

Post by Alex »

Soul Asylum en Lima. I want say again !!!! Thanks SA, for your wonderfull music. This video is for all fan's in Sudamerica !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMVauoeJ2BA

zany
Social Butterfly

Re: Concert in Peru!

Post by zany »

alex i LOVE your video montage. it came out awesome! thanks for posting!

Alex
Stranger

Acustico Privado Lima - Peru

Post by Alex »

This is a video of Cinescape TV program. SA performed Black Gold and Runaway Train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raFGHA0B5vU

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

mad_soul wrote:Here we are!!!!! After the concert… we all look a little bit tired, don´t we? Jajaja =o)
Nice pic.

May I ask where you ladies got your Silver Lining shirts? I don't recall seeing any mention of such shirts being available at any point(but my brain's not very reliable), Did you make them yourselves? If so, Excellent!!! In my experience, Dave and Dan enjoy seeing that fans go to the effort of expressing their love for Soul Asylum by creating their own SA shirts.

FYI to all fans who want to get noticed by the band: Show up at a show wearing something no one else has, that you've made or designed yourself. A custom made Soul Asylum shirt definately catches their attention!

dells

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Be careful with the homemade tshirts. You can get into trouble.

Prior to Silver Lining I made a shirt with the cover of Faces and Names on the front, and then the really funky cool lyric sheet for the title song reproduced on the back. It was without a doubt a killer killer shirt.

I wore it to the show in Boston in July or August or whatever. It got noticed alright. The actual comment was, and I quote: "Nice shirt! Make it yourself? Way to violate the copyright. Good job."

No, it wasn't Dave who made the comment, but it was somebody with the band.

Undaunted and fond as hell of that shirt, I wore it again to a Golden Smog show. I was asked at that show if I'd gotten permission to use the album art.

I decided it just wasnt worth it and got rid of the shirt.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

dells wrote:
mad_soul wrote:Here we are!!!!! After the concert… we all look a little bit tired, don´t we? Jajaja =o)
Nice pic.

May I ask where you ladies got your Silver Lining shirts? I don't recall seeing any mention of such shirts being available at any point(but my brain's not very reliable), Did you make them yourselves? If so, Excellent!!! In my experience, Dave and Dan enjoy seeing that fans go to the effort of expressing their love for Soul Asylum by creating their own SA shirts.

FYI to all fans who want to get noticed by the band: Show up at a show wearing something no one else has, that you've made or designed yourself. A custom made Soul Asylum shirt definately catches their attention!

dells
Hey dells ...yeah they came out with a TSL t-shirt...and actually some other new shirts around the time TSL was released. This was discussed in another thread..so here's more if you'd like to know!

http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/forum ... 07&start=0

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Yes, you definately do want to be careful that your shirt design doesn't piss off the guys.

I don't know what Dave's reaction to the shirt I made was, because I had to ask a security guy to deliver it to him at the St. Paul Midway Stadium show. I don't even know for sure if he even got it (Dan later told me he hadn't) but I'm sure he's probably seen the one I gave his mom.

Dan's first reaction to it at the St. Paul Grand Ol Days show at Dixie's was "Hey! that's a bootleg shirt!", but it got him to come over and chat with me, and after I explained to him that no, it wasn't, that I'd made it myself, it was not for sale anywhere, and I had only made 4 (mine and 3 as gifts), he then admitted that he did like it.

I did not use any SA album art, or any other art copyrighted or used by the band. I did use a photo from the Rolling Stone article that Dave hated so much, so I did violate a copyright, but it was Rolling Stone I chose to violate, which I thought might be kinda amusing to violate the mag that pissed Dave off, payback's a bitch, lol. Dave may have hated the article, but the photo in that issue was great, so I used it. :) By the time I made the shirt, Grant was no longer in the group, He was in the GDU-era photo I used, but I didn't care, I loved that Dave looked so shy and vulnurable in that photo, so I used it even though it was outdated.

I had an idea for another shirt, a caracature cartoon drawing of the band incorporating several elements conveyed in the verses of the song, April Fool, but I'm not a good enough artist to create the cartoon caracature image I envisioned, so that one was never realized, sadly.

dells

itta_asylum
Marionette

Post by itta_asylum »

I made the Shirt myself, tough i didn't know i was violating anything!
Well now i know shame on me!!!! But either they all loved the Shirt i only made 2 one for me one for Madelaine. The shirt was like this, in the front it was the album cover of TSL and on the back was Karl's picture the one that's on TSL and said Soul Asylum Tour 09' To the memory of Karl Mueller.
So, nobody told me anything about i was wrong, instead Dave put on my shirt Karl Lives and signed it and told me was very cool shirt.
But for the next time i will definitely use other thing not voilating SA.
Thanks!