2009 May 2nd - The Blast, Mound, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
lucy
Social Butterfly

Re: Mound,MN Blast 5-2-2009 - Important Update

Post by lucy »

I'm still working on video clips and I'll keep posting some more on youtube. I've discovered looking at the clips that the Groove is in the Heart stuff was directly following Whatcha Need. And Dave and Michael did the "What to these people need?" thing and the guitar solo too. And Swendo got the Gone Til November was right after Cartoon. Fun fun fun!!!

The videos are at the same link above! My husband took a ton of video for me - he enjoys doing it and does a great job - when I try to do video it's all jumpy because I can't stand still ! A couple of the shorter clips are mine, but the good longs ones are his.

I agree that the whole show was tons of fun from start to finish, the biggest thing that KJJ added to the show (besides the incredibly awesome cheesy molester mustache) was that it was just hilarious to watch Dave and Dan and Tommy cracking up and laughing and enjoying having him there! And Tommy is the best thing to happen to the band - if it can't be Karl, I'm so glad it's Tommy!!! He just adds such an element of fun and really does pretty much rock out every song - even Never Really Been!

I told Dave after the show how lucky I am to have this band that I absolutely love and have loved for like 24 years!! who I can still go see play and who are still putting out really great new music! It really is incredible. He said that he is the lucky one.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

swendo wrote: - Tommy sang lead on "My Generation" and, for me, that alone was worth the price of admission.
actually, both Tommy and KJJ were singing for My Generation. Now who was the lead singer then? Come on, let's duke that one out (I'm placing bets on that it was KJJ)! :mrgreen:
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

I'm puttin' my money on Todd. Kraig was great!
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Wow...sounds like a great show. Thanks so much for sharing your reviews. Peggy, thanks for the videos! :D

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

perks
Brand New Shine

Post by perks »

An audience recording of this show is available for download can be found here:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/sho ... hp?t=72391

enjoy!

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

perks wrote:An audience recording of this show is available for download can be found here:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/sho ... hp?t=72391

enjoy!
Thanks. I'm gonna listen to it in the next day or so.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Thanks for the posts. Next best thing anyway. wish I could figure out the traders den stuff, just old and defenseless. Would still love a Tshirt... even if it fades like everything else. I am looking at it as a welcome on board to Michael.

Wish I could make it to Spain!

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

I'm posting one more video clip this am - it's Without a Trace and it cuts off, but it's a good clip all the same. The clips are at: www.youtube.com/user/lucillebear

If you've not looked at any yet, the best ones are Never Really Been / Encore songs (you'll be able to determine I think from the video that the lead on My Generation was indeed Tommy) and the one of Slowly Rising / Bus Named Desire

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

Okay, I'm wrong, I just checked it to see if it uploaded okay and it is the whole song. This is a good one but the audio is not the best on this one

swendo
Runaway

Post by swendo »

norma023 wrote:
swendo wrote: - Tommy sang lead on "My Generation" and, for me, that alone was worth the price of admission.
actually, both Tommy and KJJ were singing for My Generation. Now who was the lead singer then? Come on, let's duke that one out (I'm placing bets on that it was KJJ)! :mrgreen:
"You can't shake hands with boxing gloves"
There's a ringing in my ears that's Heaven-sent