2009 May 2nd - The Blast, Mound, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Re: Mound,MN Blast 5-2-2009 - Important Update

Post by sayeeda »

Monolith Maniac wrote: Also, no mention of it on The Honeydogs website.
I don't see it on their site either. Just checked.
norma023 wrote:
really? Where were you looking? I see it both on their myspace page link and on their forum....
;)
What forum are you speaking of Todd? The one on their site? Because I don't see it listed there either.

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

norma023
(eagarly awaiting that ticket purchase link to go live......)
Todd;

I already purchased mine using the link; try it again.

http://www.ollblast.com/
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

norma023 wrote:
Monolith Maniac wrote: Also, no mention of it on The Honeydogs website.
really? Where were you looking? I see it both on their myspace page link and on their forum....
;)

Thanks for calling the event and posting additional info and such!

Additional link:
http://www.minneapolis.com/the-blast-e524481

(eagarly awaiting that ticket purchase link to go live......)
:twisted:
http://www.honeydogs.com/tours.php

I didn't find anything on their calender and/or forums relating to the event; the only thing that I could find (even using the search) was the question you asked an hour ago.

I didn't think to check their myspace though; I'm still waiting for a reply from Benny. There's definitely gotta be some mix up somewhere. :?
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

Monolith Maniac wrote: I didn't find anything on their calender and/or forums relating to the event; the only thing that I could find (even using the search) was the question you asked an hour ago.
But wasn't my question "on their forum" though? So that would mean you did find something on their site then, no ?? :)

Oh, Adam did respond to my post. Shows on and tickets can be purchased already (thanks Sometime) !!
:)
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

norma023 wrote:
Monolith Maniac wrote: I didn't find anything on their calender and/or forums relating to the event; the only thing that I could find (even using the search) was the question you asked an hour ago.
But wasn't my question "on their forum" though? So that would mean you did find something on their site then, no ?? :)

Oh, Adam did respond to my post. Shows on and tickets can be purchased already (thanks Sometime) !!
:)
I was referring to anything else related to the show (besides your message)... he posted his message while I was in the middle of posting my above message so I didn't get to see the updated thread. But a message from Adam definitely looks positive. :)

I just want to make note again, the word I was given from Benny is that it was a private show, not that it wasn't going to happen.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

WOW this looks like a really fun show! Never heard of the dogs before but liked the sound, will have to check them out when I have more time.

Having just gone around with our Catholic School, it seems there are rules about events serving alcohol not allowing children. Although my children also have attended many events with alcohol and SA, and events with the school where alcohol was served... whatever.

Wish I could get them to play for one of our fundraisers!!

Would like to go but not buying tickets yet, would like to go to Spain too (duh). Jonesing for a show :(

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

But it's OK to let 18 year olds in? Ridiculous! Anyway...

Whoever goes, it's definitely worth getting there in time for The Honeydogs. They're another one of my favorite bands. Just saw them for their new cd release show at First Ave last Friday, and they were amazing. The 757's were playing at the Entry that night, so I got to walk over and get my Pirner fix before The Honeydogs came on! Anybody else here go to that show???
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

kassricke
Lone Rider

Post by kassricke »

Howdy SA fans!!! My name is Kassie and I am the chair of the OLL Blast and here are a few tidbits for you folks. This definately is not a private show/party it is open to the public! This is our third year of having a block party at our school on Lake Langdon in Mound, MN. The gig is sponsored by Summit, Famous Daves, Caribou Coffee, Joey Nova's Pizza, etc. As far as the age thing is concerned it is a city regulation, sorry if that is a problem for people we are absolutely kid friendly-but rules are rules. Please go to our web site www.ollblast.com to purcahse tickets and for general info on the event such as hotel arrangements for out of town guests, and parking-etc. We are totally stoked that the HoneyDogs are opening for SA and cant wait for May 2nd, if you have any questions my email is kassie@powerhouse3.com. Thanks..... see you at the Blast!!

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

A city regulation? Really? Cuz last week I was told that the school decided it wasn't appropriate to have children there since alcohol was being served. Hmm...
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Crikey! :? Hmmmm indeed! Thanks Kassie, for the info.

I checked the Honeydogs Forum to see if Alex Levy got back to Todd's comment about confusion stemming from this possibly being a private show. I'm guessing no response yet since no actual question was asked. :(

I guess I'm unwilling to believe this is a public show unless all parties say it is. :roll:

Jim, have you heard differently from Benny since his last message to remove this show listing?

Benny, what's the verdict? Is it a public show now and can our ETSA moderators put the ad back in???

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.