2009 May 30th - EarthFest, Boston, MA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
zany
Social Butterfly

Re: EarthFest: Boston, MA May 30 2009

Post by zany »

no i didn't see him either - everybody in the crowd was un-lit and not visable to me.

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

Thanks everyone for posting your updates and links etc. But I have to ask, does anyone else sense anything ominous in Dave's comment in the interview about the "dreaded band meeting"?

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

sayeeda wrote:
zany wrote:judith was telling me tommy and dave were at The Figgs show the night before - somebody posted a link to tommy playing with them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TuFk2SpVPU
According to 'more info' for this video, you can look for Dave in the crowd. I just saw that video...but couldn't find him. Do you or does anyone else see him?

Nope the only person I recognize is Benny..off to the right with the beer bottle.

Rusty
Last edited by Twiddly Dee on Sun May 31, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

lucy wrote:Thanks everyone for posting your updates and links etc. But I have to ask, does anyone else sense anything ominous in Dave's comment in the interview about the "dreaded band meeting"?
I admit that thought crossed my mind. But I hope he was just kidding about meetings not being fun. I don't find meetings fun at my job, either.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:
lucy wrote:Thanks everyone for posting your updates and links etc. But I have to ask, does anyone else sense anything ominous in Dave's comment in the interview about the "dreaded band meeting"?
I admit that thought crossed my mind. But I hope he was just kidding about meetings not being fun. I don't find meetings fun at my job, either.
I think it was a lovely non answer he gave. He managed to talk a lot while actually saying absolutely nothing. However, he didn't say "no, we're not making anymore music" so fine.

I honestly dont think Dave could NOT make music, not him. Music, breathing, same thing.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

The Figgs played two nights. I was at the Friday show. Not the best set I've seen them do, but a lot of fun. Tommy got onstage and played bass for a couple of numbers, but he didn't do "My Generation" like he did at the Saturday show. I had a feeling they'd go back for the second night, since they seemed to have such a good time at the first show and since they know the guys in the band.

I did take advantage of the opportunity to remind Dave that I had suggested the Figgs to him as an opening act for the last holiday show.
Personally, I thought The Tomatoes/The Figgs/Soul Asylum would be a pretty cool lineup. Of course, I'm kind of happy it never materialized, because I got grounded by weather and would have been even more crushed to miss such a geat bill.

I still think it would be an awesome bill. Hint, hint.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

So that's how you look like, Zany!!! :D :D :D

I'm so glad a lot of you enjoyed the show, and NO I won't accept SA not making any more music!!! Not now huhuhuhu :cry: :cry: :cry:
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

review:

i'll just copy the SA part since it's short - before this paragraph they gave evan dando/lemonheads a bad review

"Alt-rock survivors Soul Asylum fared better at making the outdoor space feel like a sweaty, beer-soaked club with their high energy bar rock. On older tracks like "Somebody to Shove" and the more recent, country-tinged "Stand Up and Be Strong" the band ripped through a riff-heavy, harmony-driven set. On the poignant, crowd-pleasing "Black Gold," frontman Dave Pirner sang, "Let's fill up the tank and go for a ride." Sounds like fun, but maybe not today. It is EarthFest after all."

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles ... earthfest/

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

zany wrote:review:

i'll just copy the SA part since it's short - before this paragraph they gave evan dando/lemonheads a bad review

"Alt-rock survivors Soul Asylum fared better at making the outdoor space feel like a sweaty, beer-soaked club with their high energy bar rock. On older tracks like "Somebody to Shove" and the more recent, country-tinged "Stand Up and Be Strong" the band ripped through a riff-heavy, harmony-driven set. On the poignant, crowd-pleasing "Black Gold," frontman Dave Pirner sang, "Let's fill up the tank and go for a ride." Sounds like fun, but maybe not today. It is EarthFest after all."
It sounds like one of the reviewers completely missed the point of Black Gold....

Phil

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

philipgar wrote: It sounds like one of the reviewers completely missed the point of Black Gold....

Phil
i thought that too but i decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and maybe they get it but just wanted to say somethign corny about earthfest?? i don't know.