[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - 2009 May 30th - EarthFest, Boston, MA
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 2009 May 30th - EarthFest, Boston, MA 
Inmate

no i didn't see him either - everybody in the crowd was un-lit and not visable to me.

Sun May 31, 2009 3:11 pm
Inmate

Thanks everyone for posting your updates and links etc. But I have to ask, does anyone else sense anything ominous in Dave's comment in the interview about the "dreaded band meeting"?

Sun May 31, 2009 4:49 pm
Inmate

Last edited by Twiddly Dee on Sun May 31, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 31, 2009 6:48 pm
O'Jeezer

Sun May 31, 2009 7:28 pm
Inmate

Sun May 31, 2009 9:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
O'Jeezer

The Figgs played two nights. I was at the Friday show. Not the best set I've seen them do, but a lot of fun. Tommy got onstage and played bass for a couple of numbers, but he didn't do "My Generation" like he did at the Saturday show. I had a feeling they'd go back for the second night, since they seemed to have such a good time at the first show and since they know the guys in the band.

I did take advantage of the opportunity to remind Dave that I had suggested the Figgs to him as an opening act for the last holiday show.
Personally, I thought The Tomatoes/The Figgs/Soul Asylum would be a pretty cool lineup. Of course, I'm kind of happy it never materialized, because I got grounded by weather and would have been even more crushed to miss such a geat bill.

I still think it would be an awesome bill. Hint, hint.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:03 am
Inmate

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

review:

i'll just copy the SA part since it's short - before this paragraph they gave evan dando/lemonheads a bad review

"Alt-rock survivors Soul Asylum fared better at making the outdoor space feel like a sweaty, beer-soaked club with their high energy bar rock. On older tracks like "Somebody to Shove" and the more recent, country-tinged "Stand Up and Be Strong" the band ripped through a riff-heavy, harmony-driven set. On the poignant, crowd-pleasing "Black Gold," frontman Dave Pirner sang, "Let's fill up the tank and go for a ride." Sounds like fun, but maybe not today. It is EarthFest after all."

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles ... earthfest/

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:58 pm
O'Jeezer

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next