2009 April 18th - Louisiana Downs, Bossier City, LA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Re: Louisiana Downs - Bossier City - April 18

Post by dells »

sheryl wrote:I'm just about at the point where I"m ready to solicit a ride straight from Dave =P "Look, really, I know you're going. I'll kick in for gas."

Sigh.

This lack of a car thing is just not working out.
LOL, I think you should, Sheryl! Couldn't hurt to ask ;) That would be awesome if he let a local fan ride along. Would be interesting to know what tunes he listens to on a road trip. :)

dells

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Re: Louisiana Downs - Bossier City - April 18

Post by sheryl »

dells wrote:
sheryl wrote:I'm just about at the point where I"m ready to solicit a ride straight from Dave =P "Look, really, I know you're going. I'll kick in for gas."

Sigh.

This lack of a car thing is just not working out.
LOL, I think you should, Sheryl! Couldn't hurt to ask ;) That would be awesome if he let a local fan ride along. Would be interesting to know what tunes he listens to on a road trip. :)

dells

I should have! I just saw him five minutes ago and I had my chance. What did we talk about? The dinosaur exhibit at the zoo.

Really helpful.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Re: april 18 show in louasiana anyone going

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

:!:
Last edited by EL DANGEROSO on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

EL DANGEROSO wrote:i would pick you up but my wife would kill me :x i hope you can go .make someone take you .pay someone they may not come this way for awhile

The only one I know from here who's going is Dave! I don't actually know anybody else who A: drive and B: would go to a SA show if it was more than 5 minutes away.

I HAD a nice new car when I got here. My roomate wrecked it and then she bought a junk car that she says (and I agree!) absolutely wont make it all the way to Bossier City.

I have a bike but I feel like a 5 hour car trip might be a titch long on a bike.

So it looks like I'm not going.

Ah well. So it goes.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Dang, if this was just a few days later I might've found a way to be there.. Am going to see Wilco in Birmingham on the 22nd... Hope you all make it!!

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

it's too bad this show isn't working out for you guys! Are there any buses, or trains that go out that way Sheryl? Or any alligators?? :mrgreen:
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

There might be a convenient gator :lol:

It's ok....Susan Cowsill's playing French Quarter Fest the 19th, and I love her. My friend Jansons performing with her, and he's just as awesome as she is. So I'll be hooked up with good music. And then I think I'm going to The Big Easy Awards the evening of the 19th. good consolation. :)

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

lousyanna downs saturday im seeing SA envy my booty

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

i wish everyone on this forum could go .is anyone on this forum going to la downs .ill try to remember the set list if anyone else can help it would be helpful.im so excited.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Re: lousyanna downs saturday im seeing SA envy my booty

Post by sheryl »

I'm still hoping a miraculous ride will suddenly spring up so I can go. I even have the day off. And wouldn't it be nice, since the bands in the area and all, if they decided to do something, y'know, since they're already here, oh...I don't know...IN NEW ORLEANS!

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

That sux you can't go Sheryl. :( Can you rent a car to make it up there?

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.