2009 Oct. 18 - Blue Mt. Ski Resort, Palmerton, PA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
rcpmscranton
Marionette

2009 Oct. 18 - Blue Mt. Ski Resort, Palmerton, PA

Post by rcpmscranton »

Oct 18 blue mountain ski resort with everclear and cracker palmerton pa 50 minutes from my house, I CAN NOT WAIT

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Oct. 18; Blue Mt. Ski Resort; Palmerton, PA

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Thanks for the update; I added the show to the front page.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

rcpmscranton
Marionette

Post by rcpmscranton »

Tickets went on sale Friday august 15

NJ Misery
Inmate

Post by NJ Misery »

gates are 12 noon and show @ 7pm. Is this outdoors?

rcpmscranton
Marionette

Post by rcpmscranton »

I think so. I got my tickets today,they say general admission,i ordered 5 tickets, i will be bring the whole familly,wife and kids.

NJ Misery
Inmate

Post by NJ Misery »

I just realised that I have tickets for Overkill in NJ this same day so I'm not going.

rcpmscranton
Marionette

Post by rcpmscranton »

2 more days till i get to see one of my fav bands, Just got back from Mexico,and my fav band,RCPM

JohnMutXB
Lone Rider

Post by JohnMutXB »

I don't see it posted yet, but an unexpected highlight from last night's show was that they brought back Stranger. Dave pulled out a harmonica, invited Susan the guitar tech on stage, and commented on how Tommy didn't know this one well, then they went right into it. I haven't been following setlists quite like I used to, but I do think it's still pretty rare for them to play that.

The crowd was fairly small for the huge outdoor venue, but they seemed pretty into the show. Cracker played for about a half hour, then Soul Asylum played for about an hour and twenty minutes. I left during Everclear's set, I'm not sure if there were sound problems, but something just seemed off compared to what I expected.

Aside from Stranger, the setlist was pretty similar to what they've been playing. This is from memory, so may not be complete, and is not in order, but they did:
All is Well
Bittersweetheart
Lately
Black Gold
Cartoon
Misery
New World
Without a Trace
Easy Street (awesome to see that this is being played again)
Oxygen
Whatcha Need
Just Like Anyone
Stranger
Runaway Train
Gone Till November
Somebody to Shove

In the middle of the show, while tuning guitars Dan made a comment about a bonfire visible from the stage, which led to the whole band playing an impromptu bonfire song. The closest thing I could compare it to would be years ago when they would do a cover of I Put a Spell on You. This was picked up again later in the show, with Dave singing about how it was cold outside, but the leads were hot. It's nice to see the band having some fun and just making stuff up on the fly.

It was cold, and I think the venue sold a lot less tickets than they expected, but the crowd seemed to enjoy the show. I think it's a nice setlist they've put together, with a little bit of something for everybody. I hope they continue bringing back songs like Easy Street and Stranger. I was kind of surprised that Stand Up and Be Strong wasn't included, I think the crowd would have really gotten into that one.

rcpmscranton
Marionette

Post by rcpmscranton »

WOW!!! What a show.Dave is one of ultimate front guys,from making songs up to never standing still on stage.It was my first time seeing them,been a fan for years,and they did not disappoint.Have pics will post later.Cracker and Everclear were good,but Soul Asylum kicked ASS!!!

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

thanks for the review and setlist John, thanks for posting!

From what I can tell, Stranger was last played in 2000 (democratic fund raiser event at the Fine Line), then the time for that was 9.12.99 (and time before that was in 97). So basically within the past 10 years, that song has been played all of 3 times! :shock:
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over