2009 Oct. 3rd - Gretna Heritage Festival, Gretna, LA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Re: article/dave interview about upcoming Gretna show

Post by Dave4Prez »

I didn't know Dave was married?! He doesn't seem the marrying type....

Great article though. I'm on the after show high and am counting the days 'til Upland!

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Homesick wrote:Nice find, but they seem to have their facts wrong: Soul Asylum made two albums in the last 12 years, and The Silver Lining was released in 2006. We need to start sending out press kits!
To be fair, the article said they had cut one album in 12 years... That could mean recorded only one album, which would be true I think, as I think CFAS was all recorded by october 1997, but I could be wrong. Also, I wouldn't doubt if they got that information from dave himself... either way, it's almost 11 and a half years, which is close enough I suppose

Phil

Sandrine
Marionette

Post by Sandrine »

Great find, thanks. It's always so cool to read some new article, even if it does not contain anything new.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Re: Gretna Heritage Festival

Post by norma023 »

setlist from the show attached
Attachments
Gretna Music Fest setlst.jpg
Gretna Music Fest setlst.jpg (20.8 KiB) Viewed 14556 times
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Gone till November must've been a write in ;)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Cute moment of the week, not to mention maximum upstaging, goes to Eli, who ran up to the barrier in the middle of a song, broke into some serious air guitar, and then pointed , with just about his entire body, at Dave and shouted "THAT'S MY DAD!!!!!!!"

The show was fantastic, but that was definitely a highlight for me :)

And it was good to hear them again. I'd started to forget just how much I love most of their music. Then they started playing and it all came back to me :) Shocking to me, though, was that I'd forgotten the words to more than half the songs. There was a time I could sing every song but a lot of it was just...gone. I was a little disturbed by that to be honest.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

aww that sounds too cute!

sorry to hear about the memory-loss!!!! that's so frustrating.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Looks great! Since it is almost November...looking for an April Fool! Can't wait for Oct 9th Just found out I can make it. :twisted: :twisted:

devall2000
Stranger

Post by devall2000 »

This show was really good. It was nice to see SA play outside by the levee, and I was really happy that they played "easy street" and "slowly rising." Those weren't on the set list at the show they played in Baton Rouge in 5/07.
-Jamie

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

am i just getting more used to the 'slow/live' version of closer to the stars OR is this version somewhere in between the 'fast' album version and the slow live version... making it "juuuust right" ?? (i've always thought they slowed it down toooo much. and needed a middle ground speed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-O2bChS ... re=channel

tell me if i'm crazy or not.
thanks!