2009 Oct. 1st - Wildhorse Saloon, Nashville, TN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Re: new show: October 1, 2009 - Nashville TN

Post by Dave4Prez »

no1rockfan wrote:So, can Dave4Prez update us on this show, and how the meet and greet went?
Well I have to say I was quite disappointed even though I did meet and greet the band, we were treated so much more impersonally than ever before.

After the show we were shuffled into what looked like a board room and lined up against the wall. We were told we could not take pictures nor would the band be signing any autographs!

Also the meet and greet was after the show and pretty much everyone was loaded...ok, well I was!

Great great show though and I will be seeing them again on November 7th in Upland, CA. No meet and greet. Those were $94 each and now I know it isn't really worth it. I've had my 2 moments with Dave. I'm good :D
Attachments
Soul Asylum - Ronni and Dave.jpg
Soul Asylum - Ronni and Dave.jpg (94.29 KiB) Viewed 8637 times

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

DAMN i love your photo with dave!!!!! that's awesome!!!

sorry to hear the meet&greet wasn't worth it.. that's crazy for all that $ that it was like that. thanks for filling us all in though. glad the show was good though.

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

No photos or autographs? What in the heck kind of meet and greet is that? I guess my question is why pay to meet them when they are usually accessible after the show anyway? I have been to a few M & G's with other bands and some are casual and you can talk, etc., as much as you want and some were in and out with a handshake and an autograph.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Here is my theory on why the paid for meet & greet wasn't what we would be hoping for:

I would think that a meet & greet ppl had to pay for is something set up by the venue or show promoter, to line their own pockets more, and is forced on the band as part of the contract, so 1) the band probably isn't happy about being forced into being sociable when they might prefer some alone time to wind down instead of mingling, and 2) since it's something anyone could buy a ticket to, it's probably the kind of thing that they're used to being attended by wealthy celebrity junkies who just want to be able to say "I met so & so last night", rather than by actual fans.

On the flip side, when Dave & the other members do mingle with fans after a show, they are doing it because they want to and are feeling sociable, so it makes sense that the "lucky" post show SA close encounters are a lot better. more meaningful and personal. I'm sure the guys like those better too, because they know only real fans would make the effort to try to be in the right place at the right time to meet them.

But these are just my theories, not based on any actual facts or knowledge, just speculation.

dells

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

review and some pictures for this show can be found here
(no affiliation of course)

http://www.bgdailynews.com/articles/200 ... 577357.txt
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over