2009 Sep. 19th - Landshark Oysterfest, Chicago, IL

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Re: 9/19 Chicago Show - Landshark Oysterfest

Post by dells »

philipgar wrote:oops, sorry about that. I tend to gloss over who's gushing about what in the pants thread...

Phil
That'a quite alright, Phil.

Actually, I'm kinda stoked that when you wanted to reference one of the hormonally charged members of the Dave worshiping sisterhood, that my name was the first to pop into your head. It means I have done my job well in stoking the fires that burn in the Holeyness thread. :D Perhaps too well, lol

dells

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

philipgar wrote: 5. Black Gold - before this song some girls in the audience were yelling out DAVE oh my god.. and so Dave goes up to the mic and mocks them with an "oh my god.. it's dave"
Phil
LOL! Way to go Dave! :P
philipgar wrote: 6. A Blues jam of sorts... not sure what they were playing, or if they were just goofing around
Phil
Hmmmm...could just be jamming or goofing around...could also be them testing a new sound on the crowd. ::shrugs::

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Thanks for the reviews; guys sounds like a good time. Soul Asylum, outdoors and good weather…doesn’t get much better.

mad_soul
...I guess he really dislikes Rush...
Maybe Dave doesn’t like Canadians :lol: ; who knows, who cares—to each their own.

But; I know how you feel, I get lambasted for being a huge Rush fan. When I rank my favorite “rock” songs of all time; Rush holds the top spot with (a song I don’t think got/ gets much air play)…. Red Barchetta.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

zany wrote:
mystic_spiral_3 wrote:
philipgar wrote: 5. Black Gold - before this song some girls in the audience were yelling out DAVE oh my god.. and so Dave goes up to the mic and mocks them with an "oh my god.. it's dave"
That is awesome.

YEAH!! i had no idea he could hear me from so many states away ;)
Maybe he should just stand still during "Bittersweetheart." ;)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

Yes, this was a great show, and more packed then I thought it would have been. Afterwords, I asked Dave if they could add 'See You Later' into the setlist up in Milwaukee, and his response was that they'd try and learn it. Dan told me they were hitting the studio next week to record some stuff.

Also, Tommy wouldn't sign my GNR Chinese Democracy CD booklet. Is it because he is not getting royalties from that disc? If anyone knows what went down with him in the GNR camp, please share. Thanks!

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

mrsromek wrote:Also, Tommy wouldn't sign my GNR Chinese Democracy CD booklet. Is it because he is not getting royalties from that disc? If anyone knows what went down with him in the GNR camp, please share. Thanks!
I asked Tommy if he helped finish that album, and he said no. Is he credited on it? Apparently he's not happy with the product if he's making no claim to it for himself.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

no1rockfan wrote:
mrsromek wrote:Also, Tommy wouldn't sign my GNR Chinese Democracy CD booklet. Is it because he is not getting royalties from that disc? If anyone knows what went down with him in the GNR camp, please share. Thanks!
I asked Tommy if he helped finish that album, and he said no. Is he credited on it? Apparently he's not happy with the product if he's making no claim to it for himself.
He's one of the few (except for Axl obviously) that plays on almost every song on the album and he gets credit for co-writing several songs on it as well, but that makes sense seeing as he's one of the few or only one in Guns 'N Roses who has been in the band since 1998, or has he left by now? I haven't been keeping up with all the changes in the GnR camp.

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

As far as I can find out, he is still in GNR. Then again, is there really a GNR? Axl has been in hiding, and most of the "guns for hire" are out doing other things.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

dang! how did that happen, I was just thinking had not been on the thread in a while and here they did a show in my back yard that I did not know about. Double Dang. Next time someone please email me... whine...

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

crawl wrote:dang! how did that happen, I was just thinking had not been on the thread in a while and here they did a show in my back yard that I did not know about. Double Dang. Next time someone please email me... whine...
I was wondering where you were during that show. This one I found out about just a couple weeks before the show, so there wasn't much notice about it. I was meaning to ask you on facebook if you planned on going to the show, I suppose I really should have, as it sucks to miss a show in your back yard.

Do you plan on heading up for the Milwaukee show in a couple of weeks?

Phil