should the "20xx announced Tour Dates" thread continue on?

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
norma023
O'Jeezer

should the "20xx announced Tour Dates" thread continue on?

Post by norma023 »

as in the past, I had started a tour dates thread for shows happening in that calendar year.

The main purpose was to keep ALL known tour dates in one place for easy finding, versus being scattered in different threads and/or sites etc. (one of my pet peeves BTW)

Were those threads worthwhile to all? And should this same practice continue?
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: should the "20xx announced Tour Dates" thread continue on?

Post by philipgar »

Yes

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Re: should the "20xx announced Tour Dates" thread continue on?

Post by dells »

Absolutely! If I could make a suggestion, add the source for each found date (usually Pollstar.com, but sometimes not). I think dates in the 20xx thread should include all found or rumored dates, as early as they are discovered, so that we can keep an eye on them until they are confirmed as solid and reposted in the list of confirmed "Upcoming Shows" section. I think it's important to generate interest from as early as possible (because some ppl need to put in requests for time off from work ASAP) as long as the thread makes it clear that the dates are not set in stone until SA's management has cleared them for inclusion in the Upcoming Shows section.

dells
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner