2010 announced Tour Dates

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: 2010 announced Tour Dates

Post by AlyssaJones »

More dates on Pollstar:

June 4th in Sioux Falls

June 19th in New Lenox, Illinois

August 26th in Orlando

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

I wish I could make the Sioux Falls, SD show. Normally it would be fairly easy to arrange travel to a Sioux Falls show, because one of my good friends lives and teaches just a couple hours East of there, so it would be a double duty trip & make it easy to talk my local concert-going buddy into driving duty for the trip: drive down to visit with our friend, & then all 3 hit SF for a great SA show(a SF shopping trip is often planned during our visits to see Lisa anyway so the show would be a huge bonus to an otherwise normal "visiting Lisa" trip), but we are all already committed to an expensive trip to Denver the next week to see U2, so our disposible income & travel energy are already spoken for. I'll mention it to them and cross my fingers, but am not very hopeful, as that would be a LOT of solo driving for Becky to do within a short length of time. Those long drives require some physical and mental recovery time, and a long drive to eastern SD would cause the even longer drive to Denver just a week later to be even more excruciating for her. Unfortunately, Lisa can't help Becky drive on the Denver trip, because she doesn't know how to drive Becky's manual tranny vehicle.

So frustrating that a normally easy trip to arrange travel for just happens to be scheduled on a date that makes it difficult or unable to be done.

Hopefully some of the ETSA members from MN or the Fargo area will be able to make it and provide a show report for SF. Do we have any members here from the SF area? I thought there was someone here from eastern SD, but I can't recall for sure. Hope so.

dells
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

*hug* That's too bad.

I remember missing a number of shows (not SA though) when I lived in Iowa, that were very much within driving distance, because I had to go away to a conference the same week. It was frustrating to miss "easy" shows like that. :(

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

bump for an April 24th date in North Carolina
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

hey where in NC is it? I have some friends there that might want to go if it's near them

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

um, check the first post in this thread ??
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

doh! thanks i hadn't realized that first post was being updated :) :)

looks like it might be too far for my friends to make (they're not as big fans as i am!) but i'll suggest it to them anyways.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Yeah!! One near me... New Lenox.

Very psyched!

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/02/22/978139

Fayetteville NC Dogwood Festival.

I am so amused by this. I lived in Fayetteville when I was a teenager discovering the band...the guys are several years too late getting there!

thedude81
Lone Rider

Post by thedude81 »

hey guys,
i am martin from austria and i am planning to be on the show on the 19th of june. do u know how it is possible to get tickets overseas ??? is there normally a pick up at the venue or what would be the easiest way to get a hold of tickets???
thanks a lot!!
martin