2010 announced Tour Dates

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
norma023
O'Jeezer

Re: 2010 announced Tour Dates

Post by norma023 »

looks like this w/ends show in Idaho got canceled, see first post of this thread.

norma023 wrote:will update this post/thread when more dates are announced.

Feel free to start up individual threads for specific shows you plan on going to, or have any questions about etc.

Oh, and feel free to start up individual threads for specific shows
:mrgreen:
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Bono
Marionette

Post by Bono »

I'm so F-ING angry right now. I just got the call from Ticketsnow in idaho telling us the show is cancelled. Any idea why? I can' believe they cancelled yet another show I had tickets for . 100% cancellation rate this decade for Soul Asylum. good job! . thanks guys. better be a fucking good reason as I booked 3 days off work for it and rearragned a lot fo stuff to be able to go to this.
Never, forever, whatever!

Bono
Marionette

Post by Bono »

dells wrote:Hi Bono, I'm so glad you are planning to go to this show! Totally Carpe Diem whenever possible!!
I'm in the same type of situation as you regarding opportunities to see rock concerts. I live in southwestern ND, and I'm not exagerating when I say rock bands very rarely ever come anywhere near me. Back when I was able-bodied and independantly able to travel, I did a lot of driving to see anyone I wanted to see(to Denver, Minneapolis, Winnipeg, and even all the way up to Edmonton once to see U2 again), so I totally understand your need to undertake a long road trip to acheive your goal of seeing a Soul Asylum show. I hope nothing happens to cause the show to be cancelled, but just in case, try to find a hotel with a decent "day of arrival" cancellation policy (might be impossible to find, though, in a resort town still within the skiing season) I'd say at least the drive and destination will make for a scenic vacation, but I know that as a Calgary resident, you have no shortage of beautiful mountain scenery and skiing pretty close to home... :/

I've never regretted investing the time, effort and funds necessary to attend any of those shows, and hope you have a SAFE, fun, memorable trip in March. I wish I could go to the Idaho show too, but in my current situation, I feel lucky and greatful just to manage attending 1 Minneapolis show per year these days.

We'll be looking forward to reading your show reveiw and setlist. Have fun!!

dells
hey Thanks dells. I didn't even see this before I posted earlier tonight. I was just really angry. The whole thing just sucked cause I was so looking forward to seeing them in 2008 and they cancelled and I thought I would never see them, then I had tickets for this show and they cancelled again. The good news is I was able to get full refund on the entire weekend. Hotels and tickets to the shows so that's good news. We were pretty bummed though so in the end we booked a trip to Los Angeles this weekend instead. The Kings are playing the Montreal Canadiens(my favorite team) Saturday night so we got tickets for that. We also grabbed tickets for Disneyland on Sunday which is cool cause I've never been there and also got Jimmy Kimmel tickets for Monday so... All in all it'll still be a good weekend and it's only gonna cost about $200 more than the Soul Asylum trip would've. We scored a huge deal on flights and hotel. $402 each for return flight from Calgary and five nights hotel downtown LA so.....

Someday I will see Soul Asylum again. Maybe I'll have to do it right and see them in Minneapolis.
Never, forever, whatever!

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Oh Bono, I'm so sorry to find out that the Idaho show was cancelled and your hoped for fun road trip ruined. :( That's awesome that you got refunds for everything you booked/bought, and kudos to you for making the best of it by arranging an emergency alternate trip to be able to utilize the days off from work that you'd arranged for.

I guess the Silver Lining in this disappointing situation is that you got the notice early enough that A) you hadn't already started your long drive to Idaho, and B) you got the news early enough to arrange alternate plans to use the time off.

Yes, I think you might have to just resign yourself to try to see them at a Minneapolis area show, even with the additional distance. Minneapolis shows are the least likely to get cancelled, unless due to weather in winter. And even then, it would have to be a bad storm, since the vast majority of the attendees are expected to be from within the city or immediate area so could probably still attend despite some snow. An added benefit to attending a Minneapolis area show is that several of the ETSA members are likely to attend. Most, if not all, of the locals can be counted on to show up, usually, plus often frequent travelers on here end up at the same shows, and it's always fun to meet the other fans you've gotten to know via this online community.

It's nice to be able to count on an annual holiday show at First Avenue in November or December, but I really wish they'd start a similar tradition for a summer show, to eliminate the travel stress for those that are willing to drive or fly in for a show.

Better luck next time!

dells
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Bono wrote:I can' believe they cancelled yet another show I had tickets for . 100% cancellation rate this decade for Soul Asylum. good job! . thanks guys. better be a fucking good reason
From the way I'm interpreting the braking news article Todd provided a link for in the first post, when he updated the show's status as cancelled, it sounds to me like it wasn't Soul Asylum that cancelled, but rather, it was the event cancelling shows scheduled for that particular East Avenue stage, so perhaps there were recently discovered safety or technical issues with that stage, or city politics/bullshit flared up for that location, that forced cancellation of shows scheduled for that stage if an alternate stage wasn't available on the scheduled date, or the band couldn't committ to an alternate date? Sounds like a different group was rescheduled for an alternate location, but I've no clue if their scheduled date was also changed.

Wether I'm reading it right or not, I'm gonna blame the event, rather than Soul Asylum. :evil:

dells
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/03/0 ... n-sun.html

According to this article the reason is slow sales.

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

Rebel Yell5 wrote:
AlyssaJones wrote:Yeah, I don't wanna pay for two concerts I'm not gonna go to. Even if I did live out there I wouldn't go to all of them. I think I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than sit through a whole Kansas set! I imagine there have to be more people out there and not just SA fans that don't want to pay the 60 bucks for all three shows. Maybe if enough of us call and complain they'll do separate tickets :P

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
I know it is not too great a deal if it is one price for all shows deal.

An article with a link to more information:
http://chicagopressrelease.com/press-re ... -announced

http://www.newlenox.net.

This summer’s Triple Play Concert Series will feature twice as many bands in the New Lenox Commons.

This year’s line-up will include The Smithereens and Soul Asylum on June 19, Fastball and Survivor on Aug. 14 and Blue Oyster Cult and Kansas on Sept. 4.

One ticket, good for all three shows, is $50 for New Lenox residents and will go on sale March 15 at the village hall, 1 Veterans Parkway. Tickets for the general public are $60 and will be available May 1.

More information is at http://www.newlenox.net.

I just got a Pollstar alert Soul Asylum will be playing Chicago on Sunday, July 25, 2010.

Pollstar is showing that the Sunday, July 25 show for Soul Asylum will be part of the "Taste of Lincoln Avenue" in Chicago. I plan on attending.
See You Later

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Just got an email from Ticketmaster. SA Show at the Cubby Bear in Chicago, April 10, 8:00pm. Tickets on sale tomorrow March 12 at 10:00 am. Very excited!!! Cubby Bear is a nice place to see a show!

Meg

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

crawl wrote:Just got an email from Ticketmaster. SA Show at the Cubby Bear in Chicago, April 10, 8:00pm. Tickets on sale tomorrow March 12 at 10:00 am. Very excited!!! Cubby Bear is a nice place to see a show!

Meg
You beat me to the punch! I received this alert as well. I will be grabbing tickets online as well tomorrow. This is a great smaller venue. Plus I was there in 06' when they did there show for the TSL. I won tickets from WXRT.
See You Later

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

dammit just 4 days after I leave the States, would have looked into making the detour to Chicago from wherever I will be over the next 4 weeks if it had been a bit earlier, oh well looks like this trip to the States will have togo without a show :(

Edit: since that last post I've been looking into my flights home, found out I can change dates and re-route my flight home to England for just $50 and there's availability out of Chicago on 12th, can I really add an extra 6 days to an 8 month RTW trip, it's damm tempting but have arranged with family & friends to be home on 7th April, so this has caused a bit of a dilema!

Are Soul Asylum headlining, and what are the chances of hearing new material, as if new material is to be played that could seal my decision.

Andrew