2010 April 10th - Cubby Bear, Chicago IL

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
The Village Idiot
Marionette

Re: Cubby Bear

Post by The Village Idiot »

More Pics.
Attachments
IMG_4637.jpg
IMG_4637.jpg (58.38 KiB) Viewed 15529 times
IMG_4631.jpg
IMG_4631.jpg (65.95 KiB) Viewed 15528 times
IMG_4624.jpg
IMG_4624.jpg (58.64 KiB) Viewed 15530 times

The Village Idiot
Marionette

More Pics.
Attachments
This one cracks me up.
This one cracks me up.
IMG_4653.jpg (56.84 KiB) Viewed 15955 times
IMG_4647.jpg
IMG_4647.jpg (61.74 KiB) Viewed 15957 times
IMG_4638.jpg
IMG_4638.jpg (66.38 KiB) Viewed 15950 times

The Village Idiot
Marionette

Last ones. Is there a better way to post these?
Attachments
IMG_4668.jpg
IMG_4668.jpg (73.32 KiB) Viewed 15947 times
IMG_4666.jpg
IMG_4666.jpg (71.56 KiB) Viewed 15948 times
IMG_4663.jpg
IMG_4663.jpg (61.99 KiB) Viewed 15945 times

4mom
Lone Rider

Post by 4mom »

Okay, you guys are right. I shouldn't be so quick to judge. Dave & Dan do put on the best show every single time I see them. Drink or not, they are extremely talented and really fun to see on stage. I guess my lesson is to not pass judgment on anyone...
The best thing about SA is that every song played live is even better than the CD. I don't think any other band has the ability to do that. Simply terrific.

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

Is it my imagination or did they also break out into a verse of "Three's Company"

"Come and knock on our door....."

Anyone else remember that?
"I've learned to accept and not to expect - the respect and neglect that I get. And I try not to forget about what hasn't happened yet.....""

eeyoretigger
Marionette

Post by eeyoretigger »

Yes they did cover Three's Company which I found quite funny

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Rock me gently! Rock me slowly! (Happy Dance insert here)!

Totally wanted to go to the Wild Hare after ... Many great memories. They had to drag me past, no takers Dang! Clearly I don't wear the pants. Taking a page from Mom, cause I am one too... When did Wrigleyville become Whoreville and Boystown mixed together (shudder). Whoreboysville?

Light came crawling throught the cracks.... Isn't that when I sneak up front. Some how missed it but, Phils photo is great! Dave was calling us back!

Review notes from the front row... Dave did not seem wasted at all to me. Pretty sure I was more messed up. God it is so great to have an opportunity to cut loose and be an idiot for a couple of hours! I liked the stubble (5 day shadow). Butt crack not so much, nice to see he was trying to fix it. What happened to the baby blue belt?

When I finally get my photos I will post here if I remember...

Excellent show. Everyone seemed to be having such a great time. Crowd was clearly dedicated. Grins all night long!! Bass player was good! Danny, Dave and Michael seemed to be having fun.

Great to see everyone! Old friends and new; hope will see some more of you soon :D :) ;) New World was very nice. Love the medley!!!!

Only complaint was a cooler full of beer they would NOT sell me. Coors light and Miller lite only choices. Sunday I could sure tell why I don't drink either. Thanks to Mike for the Cure. Thanks to Boston Cream Pie Mike (could not resist) for the laughs; Phil for the prayers, company, and the Island Wheat; Everyone who had my back; Andrew for making the trip; Judith for being a jewel; the administrators for having the site;and mostly to SA for the music, the poems, and the party!

Things that show that you are not really grown up yet... Concerts and hangovers. :roll:

Darn back to the real world...

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

My post is long overdue, I just want to add that I think the bassist did a pretty good job filling in for the first time (though he seemed to stay farther back toward the front of the stage for the majority of the show). One of the other things that I recall during the which wasn't said in the previous posts was Michael started drumming Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me" for about 10-15 seconds (for what reason I don't remember).

Great show and of course great seeing everyone again before and after the show.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Monolith Maniac wrote: One of the other things that I recall during the which wasn't said in the previous posts was Michael started drumming Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me" for about 10-15 seconds (for what reason I don't remember)
It was prompted by Dave's guitar problems. He had remarked earlier that his guitar tech (one I've never seen before) worked with Cheap Trick. When Dave startd having problems with both telecasters and the tech was trying to deal with them, Dave turned to him and joked "I only have two" - a reference to Rick Nielsen's extensive guitar collection. That led to a few Cheap Trick related lines and Michael playing the song.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden