2010 June 19th - New Lenox, IL

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: New Lenox, IL June 19

Post by AlyssaJones »

spodiba wrote:Allysa, could you tell us more about the poem?
Like 2 years ago I wrote this poem about Dave and how much I love him (It's buried somewhere in the His Holeyness thread- I'll pm it to ya if you want to read it) and my mom thought it was sooo great, and she said that if she ever met Dave she was gonna give it to him, and I was like, "yeah... sure you are..." Well, when we went to First Avenue last year we DID get to meet him and she DID give him the poem.

At first I was like, "I can't believe I let him have that stupid poem. Next time he sees me he's gonna think I'm nuts!" But he liked it so that's all that matters. :D I may never get to have a deep, involved conversation with him, but he knows how much I love him, and that's good enough for me.

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Hahahaha, that is sooo cool! Oh my God, I can't believe your mom really gave it to him! But cool, very cool! Yes, please, pm it to me! Thank you!

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

I searched Alyssa's posts & found her poem for ya. If you don't want to get lost in the huge Holeyness thread, this link should take you to it:

http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/forum ... poem#p3727

But I def recommend getting lost in the Holeyness thread anyway, lol.

dells
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

:lol: been there, done that (got lost, that is)
Thank you, Alyssa sent it to me, but I will definitely try once again to get lost in there :D

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Rebel Yell5 wrote:I will be there in the crowd. I will be the guy wearing the Soul Asylum t-shirt.

were you the 92/93 shirt?

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

crawl wrote:
Rebel Yell5 wrote:I will be there in the crowd. I will be the guy wearing the Soul Asylum t-shirt.

were you the 92/93 shirt?

No, that was me kidding. I was actually wearing my Johnny Thunders shirt. I did get to meet Jim and our pal from PA. Great show! I loved that they did Stranger. This show was very good. They have looked like they have been having a great time on stage as well.
See You Later