2010 Aug. 6th - Ribfest, Mankato, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
norma023
O'Jeezer

2010 Aug. 6th - Ribfest, Mankato, MN

Post by norma023 »

3 new songs, 3 new songs, 3 new songs last night!!
w00t !!!!

Don't know the names to any of them (and was unable to obtain a setlist post show), but they were all good in my opinion. Songs with lots of lyrics and a bit of some "punch" in them (ie so not light and fluffy).

For me, the show started to kick into higher gear about the 8th song in or so when they played "When I Ran Off and Left Her" (Vic Chestnut). Wow! When was the last time they played that one?!? That get's a nod from me - fo' sure!

Sadly, a little less on the "punk rock" songs, but I'll gladly take new material in it's place.

Great setting for a concert too! Nice little college town, rather typical college type of crowd, and a few other interesting looking local barfly's as well. :o

Who else went and can chime in? I know there's fb fans who went, are any of you on this site as well?
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

desirae
Inmate

Re: Mankato - Aug 6th

Post by desirae »

they played awesome, and i liked that they played some new songs, but they didnt sing string of pearls :( but got a peek at Dave's ...behind 8-) Does anyone got any pictures

topiratti
Inmate

Post by topiratti »

I wouldnt mind getting a peek at daves behind.... :D
Image are of baby rats my female gave birth too ;D

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Awesome... first time they played new songs in years now, I think. You guys are lucky... maybe the new album is on its way... or maybe not.

I wonder if someone made clips of the new songs... but I don't know if I would want to listen to it that way in probably poor quality anyway actually. Might ruin it for me later on.

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

does anyone have the setlist from last night, i know there was some people walking around with thier set list from the stage.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

Hmm, a friend I know (but didn't see them) sent me what they had for the setlist. Looks pretty accurate to me.

One thing to note was right before Black Gold was played, Dave said something like "this one is for all the folks down in the Gulf of Mexico", then they broke in BG. Man, but does that song have a completely different meaning when introduced into that particular context, spot on I might say!

Somebody To Shove
All Is Well
Misery > Silly Love Songs
Lately
Whatcha Need
Black Gold
Leave Without A Trace
When I Ran Off And Left Her
new song
Just Like Anyone
Cartoon >
Gone Till November
new song
Never Really Been
Runaway Train
Closer To The Stars
new song
Bittersweet Heart
Stand Up And Be Strong

edit:
also, the archival records of known setlists indicate that "When I Ran Off And Left Her" has only been played 5 times, and prior to this Mankato show, the last time it was played was on June 17th, 1998. Wow, 12 years ago !!
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

norma023 wrote: One thing to note was right before Black Gold was played, Dave said something like "this one is for all the folks down in the Gulf of Mexico", then they broke in BG. Man, but does that song have a completely different meaning when introduced into that particular context, spot on I might say!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDX1WBMW2Xw

Looks and sounds like it was a great one !
Sorry I missed it and the new songs for the first time.
My next shot for new songs is in Urbana :D

countrycitygirl
Lone Rider

Mankato RibFest Photos 8/6/2010

Post by countrycitygirl »

Sorry for the delay ...

Mankato's RibFest Photos 8/6/2010:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/countrycit ... 549813957/

I Love Dim Light
Inmate

Re: Mankato RibFest Photos 8/6/2010

Post by I Love Dim Light »

Sherri, your pics are great, thank you very much for them!