Collectors Corner

Offer your feedback on the content that has been published to the site, such as our discography and our articles.
LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Re: Collectors Corner

Post by LittleTooClean »

"This is going to be like being at a Metallica concert"
This is what is said by someone in the audience as the show starts.

Soul Asylum playing on a college campus during the "Hang Time/ Clam Dip " era !
You can hear some of the craziness going on (bottles, male bonding, professional wrestling, my sh*t is f*cked up)

I have 3 different versions of this show and this is by far the best and one of the best audience recordings I have ever heard.

This is one of my favorite shows !!!
Pictures from the show are included !

TURN IT UP LOUD !!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdokquG4gbk[/youtube]

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

Were you at this show Mike? I was there too - I have photos too. I was on the Dan side, so they are from the opposite angle. I'll have to watch this later! I would LOVE to see this show now. As much as I appreciated it at the time, I'd like to travel back in time with the benefit of hindsight!! Who knew we'd still be going to see Soul Asylum shows this many years later? So awesome :)

I'll have to watch this later and see if I'm in any of your photos! I wonder if you're in any of mine!?

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

lucy wrote:Were you at this show Mike? I was there too - I have photos too. I was on the Dan side, so they are from the opposite angle. I'll have to watch this later! I would LOVE to see this show now. As much as I appreciated it at the time, I'd like to travel back in time with the benefit of hindsight!! Who knew we'd still be going to see Soul Asylum shows this many years later? So awesome :)

I'll have to watch this later and see if I'm in any of your photos! I wonder if you're in any of mine!?

Unfortunately this show for me is like a fisherman's tale about the big one that got away.

I had a ticket and even had a place to stay (with my friends John & Jerry)
It was all set except that night I had to work inventory night at my record store job which again was not a big deal I would just leave early.

Well me being a manager type at the record store and inventory not going as planned I had to stay longer and could not make the show :(

My friends took a few pictures and I got a couple later from another collector and all I've ever heard about this show is GREAT !!

I later would find 3 different sources of the show and I always thought to myself that I had missed one of those amazing shows.

Glad see you did get to attend this great one :)
Even better you are in one of the photos I had :)

I would like to get your photos and a personal review of the show that I can add to the notes on the box set :)

And like I said before TURN IT UP LOUD !!! This show F'N ROCKS :D

One of the best shows I was never at ...but I can still enjoy it like I was ;) !!!

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

O.K. - So first off this is a little bit of a different thing coming from me but I hope you enjoy the story it was something I thought I would share with all of you.

This is about Karl !!!!!

The day I found out Karl had passed away it hit me VERY hard. I had only met Karl briefly a few time’s but EVERYTIME he was always kind and talked to me and everyone around for a few minutes to say Hi and Thanks. I always thought that was so F’N cool !!!
Don’t get me wrong meeting Dave and Dan and the rest of the band over the years has been great but Karl was ALWAYS the cool quiet one.

For those who know me and those who don’t, I am also a musician and play in 2 bands.
Sorry for the shameless plug but I’m just telling the story – the major one being

Haegers Bend – http://haegersbend.com

and a solo project Neutral Drop
http://indieezine.com/content/view/429/94/
http://www.reverbnation.com/neutraldrop

This song was never meant to be released but if it was this was going to be the place.

In Neutral Drop I play all the instruments and sing.
If you read the bio you understand it is not meant to be perfect and in the words of Dan Murphy “It’s A Vibe Thing”.

So like any other musician would do I went to my bands practice space and had a few drinks for Karl and started to record the songs that where in my head since I had found out the BAD news the night before.
(I also recorded “Here Come A Regular” by The Replacements which I will pass along latter.)

This is from the heart .
It is by no means perfect in anyway.
It was never meant to be released.
But this was a feeling I had at the moment … and it was a SAD moment.
I hoped it was a “Passing Sad Daydream”

THANKS KARL !! ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx40Wr9lMoc[/youtube]

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Mike;

Thanks for "stepping out of character" and "opening a little vein" to the rest of us. I; for one, enjoy your posts.

I briefly checked the links, I'll go back and re-visit them when I am not at work.

Karl is missed by all of “us.” I can’t imagine how hard it hit and continues to hit family and friends; then and now.

Jamie.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

For the last few days I have been working on adding some content to my collectors site and I think everyone will enjoy the new additions.

Cover Songs - For now it's just videos but it a start .
I will be adding more including downloads.

Golden Smog - Has a page

The Live Audio Archive - has been completely updated with MANY more shows added with more on the way.

Video -
Videos added to Box Set page / more coming soon
Complete SATV archive show listing with links
St. Paul, MN 1997
Philadelphia, PA 2006

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja5sXNhL ... ideo_title[/youtube]

And as a Special Limited Edition download -
Something that I have been asked about many times .
Something that has never made it to CD still after all these years.
Something recorded a long time ago.
"Time's Incinerator" :)

http://littletooclean.webstarts.com/1981-1987.html

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Hi, people! Again, I have a question :D I just watched SATV and i just realized how cool it is that we have something like that around here. As I gather, it's run by LittleTooClean, right? OK, here's the question: 5 minutes ago there was 120 minutes, hosted by Dave and Karl, on SATV, and I've never seen that before. I just managed to catch the last few minutes of it, so can you tell me if I can find it on youtube or somewhere else? Does SATV have some kind of a program or schedule so that maybe this 120 minutes might be on again, and I would know in advance? OK, I seriously doubt there's a schedule, but I had to ask :)

Oh, and I couldn't find the topic on SATV specifically, so I posted here
Guys, why is the search "engine" or whatever it is, so inefficent?

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

spodiba wrote:Hi, people! Again, I have a question :D I just watched SATV and i just realized how cool it is that we have something like that around here. As I gather, it's run by LittleTooClean, right? OK, here's the question: 5 minutes ago there was 120 minutes, hosted by Dave and Karl, on SATV, and I've never seen that before. I just managed to catch the last few minutes of it, so can you tell me if I can find it on youtube or somewhere else? Does SATV have some kind of a program or schedule so that maybe this 120 minutes might be on again, and I would know in advance? OK, I seriously doubt there's a schedule, but I had to ask :)

Oh, and I couldn't find the topic on SATV specifically, so I posted here
Guys, why is the search "engine" or whatever it is, so inefficent?

Here's the clip you're taking about ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXC4fjNr ... ideo_title[/youtube]

As far as SATV goes :

Live Broadcasts are on Tuesdays at 8 PM Central Time

After that they can be watched in the On Demand section http://www.livestream.com/soulasylum/folder

The videos playing now and when you click on it at any other time is a loop of 10 hours of shows with new content added.

And here's where the topic is viewtopic.php?f=4&t=875&start=10

I hope this helped ;)

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Yes, it helped a lot! Thanks, Mike. Yeah, that's the clip, thank you so much! :D
And just one more thing, what do you mean by Live Broadcasts, what's that? What do you broadcast live?

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

spodiba wrote:Yes, it helped a lot! Thanks, Mike. Yeah, that's the clip, thank you so much! :D
And just one more thing, what do you mean by Live Broadcasts, what's that? What do you broadcast live?
There have been broadcasts where he hosts the show; to see all the ones that have been performed since the show aired click here.

I also want to chime in and say that we're going to move the Collectors Corner topic to the Content Discussion part of the forum since it contains a lot of beneficial material. This should also make it easier to find than in the General Discussion forum should it become buried.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com